alih

Head shaking and stopped laying...any ideas?

My ex-bat has suddenly stopped laying and is shaking her head more than usual. We have been back from holiday a couple of weeks and she didn't lay when we first got back but I figured that was just the disruption of coming home. Laid a couple of eggs after a week or so then nothing more. Before that she was laying most days. Not sure if the head shaking is connected. Have been wormed, deloused, poultry spice in food and ACV in water as always. Any ideas welcome, thank you. If she is at the end of her laying life that is fine but if she's poorly I'd like to help her.

I did. She has gone downhill today. It is gapeworm for sure - it has been recurring since I got the hens in February and I know the signs of old from having hens previously. Each time I treat with Flubenvet and I move the run regularly, disinfect etc so am at a loss at what else to do but I am wondering whether there is a super -wormer I can get to blitz this recurrent pest and save poor old Daphne.