I recently purchased an Eglu coop for chickens and one for ducks, and a walk in run. I am thinking of having it extended. My son is concerned about the lifetime of the walk in run, and whether it rusts and decays quickly. For any of you walk in run owners, can you advise. How is your walk in run after 1 year, 2 years and longer? 

I’ve had my Omlet runs for 12 years.  Apart from the odd nick, they are perfect.  Because they are plastic coated they don’t rust except where you might nick the plastic coating. 

The plastic of the 2 x Mk 1 cubes and my 2x Classic is still great, apart from some fading on the green ones.  I can’t speak for the Go or Mk2 cube.  

Mine is 10 and a half years old now and looks as good as it did when it first arrived.

The only thing that is disappointing is the fact we had to cover it in fine wire mesh to stop the rat getting in.

Yes.  Although it doesn’t decay, I too have had to spend an additional £100 covering it with weldmesh to stop rodent incursion.  I would have been better with a conventional WIR.