Janey4

Harkers spot on

Looking at both of those, I would use the Harkamectin as the 4 in 1 treats other conditions such as cocci. My vet prescribes me a 200ml bottle of Ivomec Eprinex - a cattle pour-on, which works wonders when used quarterly. They aren't licensed for use on laying chickens in the UK, so I can't possibly recommend either to you ;)

My vet recommended Frontline spray for lice and there was no need to use anything else.

Would you say she is correct ?

She also said to do it in the morning so they could dry and not to do it on a cold day - as the alcohol would make them chilly while it evaporated.

Generally speaking the Ivermectin is systemic - like the spot-on you use for cats and dogs - so will carry on working when it has dried. If the spot-on contains Ivermectin, then I'd guess that it might be the same effect. If the bird has a quantity of visible lice, then the vet will recommend spraying the affected area, on the skin, with a spray containing Permethrin. Repeat after 3 days, then once more if there are still lice visible. If you are using a preventative spot-on with Ivermectin regularly, then you shouldn't need to spray once the initial infestation has gone.

None of these products are licensed for use on poultry in the UK, and you should observe the appropriate egg withdrawals.

Thanks Dogmother.

Is there anything else that would be better to use that treats internal and external parasites? Ideally at the same time? 

Not really. I use Ivomec Eprinex, as mentioned above, and I do a regular faecal egg count which shows that it is pretty much clearing the worms too. I do still worm once a year with Flubenvet though.