Sheilaz

Books I Haven't Read (but keep meaning to, one day!)

The new members' questionnaire reminded that there are many books that I haven't read but always intend to....sometime.

Thought of starting a books I have enjoyed thread, but thought this way round would be more interesting.

Perhaps people could reply as to whether they would reccommend or not.

It was the Terry Pratchett reference in "Welcome new members" gave me this idea.

So, I haven't read any Terry Pratchett's...where do I start? (And should I?)

Sometimes a book title is very familiar but then we realize that we have never actually read it.....

OK...off we go!

Sheila - I am the Terry Pratchett nut. :lol:

I usually only read Biographies and very little fiction. For some reason I have become completely addicted to his Science Fantasy. The Colour of Magic is the first in the Discworld series but it probably is an acquired taste! Beg, borrow or steal this title (or look on Amazon Merketplace for a cheap copy) and see what you think. I have them all, I always get the latest in paperback at Christmas. Carl can't read them, but then he reads history books or the Romantic poets.

When I first saw the topic heading, I panicked! I thought i would have to list all the books I've bought but not read and I would be here all day :oops:

I go into a bookshop with Carl - he knows exactly which obscure book he's looking for - while he looks for it I manage to pile up about 5 Biographies (I prefer 'ordinary' people to celebrities) - Carl comes back empty handed......... and pays for my books 8)

With Practical Poultry mag, Organic Gardening mag, and Kitchen Garden mag. constantly plopping through the letterbox I don't have time to catch up with my books. i read every night until about 1am but am only allowed paperbacks now because I fall asleep and drop them on Carl's head :lol:

Thanks for putting me in the picture re Terry Pratchett books, Lesley.....the idea of reading one hasn't grabbed me before but, I think I should read one just so I know,

Thanks for making me laugh too with your book reading (or not) habits. Sounds familiar.

I love reading...novels, non fiction, back of cereal packet, anything (except instructions or recipes...oops, but thats another story). In fact, I belong to 2 monthly book groups.

You'd think one would be enough for any sane person....but there we go!

All of which means that I've totally lost the plot, not just on the books.

But sometimes someone will be talking about a book, and I'll be nodding, only to realize that although its very familiar, I've never actually sat down & read it.

I haven't managed to get in to reading Pratchett but when one of his books was serialised on R4 I listened!

Anyone read Sheila thinggy's account of her life with John Thaw? I haven't started it even though I bought it weeks ago! The trouble is that I'm only finding time to read in bed (and the bath :shock:) at the moment and I don't take posh hardbacks to either place...

I have just finished 44 Scotland Street by Mcall Smith and can thoroughly recommend it.