Crazy Chicken

Sick hens with watery poop

Hello, I have a question about my 5 chickens who all seem to be having very watery poop and I can not figure out what the cause is. I am very worried about them and do not know what to do anymore. We have tried power drops, vitamin water, garlic, oregano, live yogurt and all sorts.
It all started with my silkie hen for about 2 weeks+ now who seems to be eating and drinking fine, in fact drinking quite a lot of water and has started to sneeze/cough occasionally with mucus sound. Now for the last week all my other hens seems to be having watery poop too now. We did separate them as soon as we noticed the silkie is not well. Anyone got any ideas please?

Sorry for the eww factor.

IMG-20210323-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210323-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210323-WA0000.jpg

Have you wormed them at all ?

They could need worming but it is best to send off poo samples to see if they do actually need worming first, Retfords is the company some have suggested on here for worm counts.

Do not give them any more yoghurt as chickens cannot digest it and it can give them poorly tummies.

Do the others have the same sneeze/cough and mucus sound ? Is the silkie totally better now ?

• Like 1

Ah OK I will get a worm test kit done for them.

I did not give them too much yogurt only for one day they had a little bit but i won't give them anymore in that case.

No only the silkie has a mucus sounding cough and she is still not better after 2 weeks±. The cough only started about a week ago.

As this has been going on for a couple of weeks I'd be more than inclined to get them to the vets (or at least call the local vet for advice). The fact that all 5 of your girls have this problem would seem to point to the fact that it is either something that they are ingesting (would they have had access to any new or different fodder just before this started? Had you moved their run?) or an infection that has affected them all. Clearly all is not right and not improving so best try and find a chicken savvy vet!

2 minutes ago, soapdragon said:

As this has been going on for a couple of weeks I'd be more than inclined to get them to the vets (or at least call the local vet for advice). The fact that all 5 of your girls have this problem would seem to point to the fact that it is either something that they are ingesting (would they have had access to any new or different fodder just before this started? Had you moved their run?) or an infection that has affected them all. Clearly all is not right and not improving so best try and find a chicken savvy vet!

I agree. When in doubt contact a vet.