Katie

Campanology!

I will be, along with my dad and brother and the rest of the band, ringing on Christmas morning (used to do Christmas eve, but I will be out in town) with the bellringers! I've been ringing since I was about 10/11, as my dad started me going, and I ended up quite enjoying it. Keepin' it in the family eh!

www.crostonbells.cjb.net - The local 8 bell tower, where I ring. We also ring in the neighbouring villages.

Just thought it's quite an interesting topic as many of you will probably hear the bells throughout Christmas, and also on Sunday mornings/practice nights etc.

Does anyone else have unusual hobbies, and are there any more ringers out there?!

We only have occasional bell-ringers now, at our Church but i do love to hear them. We used to live three doors away from the Church and when we still had a regular team of bell-ringers they practised on Tuesday evenings - we used to refer to them as the Clangers :oops::lol:

Have a lovely time on Christmas morning Katie.

Friends of ours at church ring. They are thrilled to find they have enough people this year to ring a full circle tomorrow night. They'll also ring on Christmas morning and always ring in the New Year. The tower is at St John's Redhill, Surrey and they practise on Thursdays.

Were they a bit crash bang whallop Lesley!

Managed to get a ring of 8 Christmas morning at Croston, and then a ring of 10 at Leyland. Was good stuff!

Just a bit Katie :D - and I think you are far too young to remember the childrens TV programme called the Clangers? It seemed apt at the time :?

There is a DVD as well Clare :D

Brilliant - will have to search for it now :D:D

You can borrow Carl's :lol:

Thanks for that Lesley; would you mind bringing it to Kew, or would it be easier to post?

It'll keep me quiet for hours.

On that vein, has anyone seen Narnia? It was fab - pure childhood escapism, Rosie really loved it, almost as much as Phil and I :wink:

Yes we saw Narnia just before Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed it. We'd just read the book to our youngest so were well up on all the details. It kept to the book really well. I hope the box-office numbers have been good as I would like to see the other books too. I love the Magician's Nephew. :D