Gezsan

New chicken being bullied

Hi all, back story - had 3 hens for about 3 months all good and laying. Then my friend had a year old bantam that was donated as his others all died. I’ve tried to introduce her gently but they all  chase her and pecking/plucking her feathers quite aggressively. 
I have a fairly decent sized garden which they have free range in so the bantam is able to run away and hide but it’s been a couple of weeks now snd she’s obviously scared of them and stays out of the way most of the time. But then when she gets too close she gets attacked again. 

So my question is will the other 3 ever accept her? is this something that will improve over time and the attacking cease or is it best just to give up snd find another home for the bantam. It’s a great shame as she’s laying and happy enough but just sad that she’s isolated and not included in their little flock. 

thanks! 

Introducing a lone hen is always difficult, especially when it's a lone hen to an existing flock. If you want to try and keep her and increase her chances, you could try and get her a similar sized other lone hen and try and introduce them as a pair. But this might just as well backfire too. 

Are your other 3 hens standard size or also bantams?

Yeah, the other 3 are normal sized hens, but only about 6 months old so not much bigger than her at the moment. But one of them is particularly aggressive towards her and actually chases her down :( 

I don't really have space for another chicken (i have a Eglu Go with 3 meter run so 5 hens would be too much?), so that's not really an option. 

Is there a chance them all free-ranging they'll just gradually get on, or is it just going to carry on being violent towards her? 

If they will get along in the end, it might take months rather than weeks. Personally I think I would find her another home. A 3 meter Go run is fine for 3 standard hens, but I wouldn't add any more. Now in summer it will be fine, but in winter with them under avian influenza lockdown, 4 might be a crowd.

Cool, thanks a lot. I'll see if i can find a home for her - it'll be for the best

Actually, how does one go about rehoming a chicken? I don't know anyone else who keeps chickens which is why i got the Bantam in the first place. Is there places that takes hens?