CherrieBomb

How many chickens can reasonably fit in a large eglu cube??

I know what the product itself says, but I wanted a clearer answer on this. I keep getting mixed responses when I look this up, but what is the reasonable carrying capacity for the Eglu Large Cube?

How many regular sized chickens can you reasonably put in a cube, realistically? I wanted a mixed flock of 5 and I wasn't sure how smart that would be

On 6/16/2022 at 10:58 AM, Cat tails said:

5 should fit I suppose, but the biggest limiting factor really is run size rather than coop size.

I have 100 square feet of run. I technically also have the 13ft run but I chose to get a different type of run, the one I currently have set up is the 100 square feet one

I have the mark 1 cube which I believe is bigger than the newer model, I have 6 regular sized hens and 3 bantams. I seem to remember reading when I first got it that it houses 10 chickens. The coop has a 4 metre run however the auto door opens at 7am and closes at 22.30pm and my girls have 3 acres in which to roam free. I live in rural France so we have not been  subject to avian flu lockdowns like the UK this year, if we did get a lockdown then I’d just put my coop in our ruin giving them plenty of space to roam around under cover.

On 6/16/2022 at 11:10 AM, Ursula123 said:

I have the mark 1 cube which I believe is bigger than the newer model, I have 6 regular sized hens and 3 bantams. I seem to remember reading when I first got it that it houses 10 chickens. The coop has a 4 metre run however the auto door opens at 7am and closes at 22.30pm and my girls have 3 acres in which to roam free. I live in rural France so we have not been  subject to avian flu lockdowns like the UK this year, if we did get a lockdown then I’d just put my coop in our ruin giving them plenty of space to roam around under cover.

I unfortunately don't have a 4 meter run,or the ability to free range due to zones.

However, I do have a 3 meter run and it's around 100 square feet. Would that be a good sized run?