soapdragon

Goodbye Mrs Hilda Fat Bottom!

Found our lovely Hilda dead in her cage on Sunday morning, snuggled up in her bed. Must have been very quick as we heard her bumbling around, as usual the evening before and she had been up to the cage door to see up that morning. Only 22 months old but she had been 'slowing down' for a couple of weeks but still bright eye and happy to come out. Totally not ready for this so soon.  

P1080262.JPG

• Sad 2

A beautiful little ginger and white banded girl called Hebe chose me today! We were reccomended to a petshop locally who have a wonderful hamster breeder and, as I went and sat by the cage chatting to them (how mad am I!?), one little girl came up and pressed her nose up against the corner of the cage nearest me and sat for over 5 minutes listening to me ramble on. She seems very confident to be handles and is currently crashed out, having spent over an hour exploring her huge new cage and generally enjoying all the space and activities. Will post pictures when we get her out again, hopefully tomorrow afternoon!

But I still miss Hilda!

• Like 3

Hebe is adorable - very sociable and comes up to the bars to say hello; we can put our hands into the cage and it doesn't bother her...she was handled a lot in the pet shop and I picked her up a few times there too whilst deliberating over her and her sister! She has been out several times but she jumped out of OH's hand on Tuesday evening and, when he managed to pick her up off the floor, she did it again so we have left her in her cage for another few days (and OH banned form hamster juggling again). Hoping to get her out maybe tonight or tomorrow but will have to clean her out on Saturday anyway. Really want her to be very tame but I know it will take time. Thanks for asking! Will post a pic as soon as she is still - we have a degu wheel in her cage and she thinks it's just the best thing ever; OH says we should plug it into the grid as would prob power the whole house!