I think i have the solution, just purchased myself this lovelylittle cottage that should be here in a few days.

http://www.ideas-4-pets.com/pages-productinfo/category-247_197/product-1602/products-for-poultry-chicken-coops-and-runs-select-cages-covered-cottage-chicken-coop-sel.html

and ill reinforce the edge with lots of wire and pvaing slabs.

i hope this works!

I emailed Foxwatch about my unit.

To their credit I got a very prompt reply and an offer to check it but, a surprising statement:-

"Firstly, we do not generally advise using FOXWatch to protect animals, as the Foxes are so determined they will withstand almost anything to get to them. The main use of FOXWatch is to stop urban foxes digging gardens etc."

Not at all what I expected.

I will take up their offer and send the unit back but, after the Xmas mail hoo-ha has died down.

EDIT:- I have now retrieved the box and instructions (they were in a trauma zone, ie in a cupboard at the back of the newly erected Xmas tree!).

The notes on the box refer to the unit "protecting wildlife and "deter(ring)dogs from fouling your garden". (but obviously not foxes)

The leaflet does say that a territorial fox may approach the unit and settle in front of it (!) but will eventually avoid the area. There is also the warning that deaf foxes will not be affected. Anyone know if there is a Natonal Fox Health Service to supply hearing aids?

Perhaps I should start a charity............ :?

I think i have the solution, just purchased myself this lovelylittle cottage that should be here in a few days.

http://www.ideas-4-pets.com/pages-productinfo/category-247_197/product-1602/products-for-poultry-chicken-coops-and-runs-select-cages-covered-cottage-chicken-coop-sel.html

and ill reinforce the edge with lots of wire and pvaing slabs.

i hope this works!

I have a similar sort of coop and we have it on slabs so nothing can dig under it.