Martin B

Organic BBQ.

Every year we have a bbq in either Late July/Early August. We always have M&S Free range products, and as I have set this time of year for me to get my eglu, I have decided I could take up this annual event as a marketing opportunity. I could sell my eggs and also let people try them, so therefore almost all of the family and our friends become aware of organic products and quality food. Another great idea from the Martster. I can't wait till I get an eglu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind Regards

Martin

At the risk of putting a downer on this, don't count your chickens before the hatch!

I have 3 girls and we have got 16 eggs in the past week. Not only that because they came with the out second hand eglu they were already laying but if you get a few youngsters in you might have a bit of a wait befire you see your first egg and then who's to say your family won't eat them all so you don't have any left to sell :D

Also when they start laying the eggs are really,really little :?

My old girls are laying good sized eggs,but I reckon you would be hard pushed to sell what my newbies are producing at the moment,although WE think that they are wonderful,even if they are a little small :D

Every year we have a bbq in either Late July/Early August. We always have M&S Free range products, and as I have set this time of year for me to get my eglu, I have decided I could take up this annual event as a marketing opportunity. I could sell my eggs and also let people try them, so therefore almost all of the family and our friends become aware of organic products and quality food. Another great idea from the Martster. I can't wait till I get an eglu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind Regards

Martin

Got to back the man for wanting to spread the food quality message hey :wink: Martin with or without eggs you can spread the word and even if like us you have 1 egg at the start you cook it and divide it into 10 so everyone tastes abit. Also the colour is like nothing you buy in the shops :wink::D

BBx

Martin - heres a thought.

If there is going to be a rescue of battery hens in your area,how about asking people to sponser a rescue hen?

They could pay you £10 a hen,then you undertske to feed it,bring it back to health & generally care for it.

You could even give them an egg a week from their own hen if you like :P

After Jimmys Farm this week,if I didn't keep hens & someone came to me & asked for £10 to rescue one,I would do it!

My gorgeous 2 year old niece wasn't eating any eggs, so I gave her a box of eggs for Christmas together with a story I wrote and illustrated about Sybil and how she laid the eggs specially for Caitlin. My sister is delighted that Caitlin now gobbles down her eggs :D

I'm going to give her some of Mabels tiny blue eggs for easter

I am ressurecting this thread because it is finally hapening tomorrow. I've got some boxes of eggs, fresh jam, and bread assortments to sell. I also have a poster all about the BHWT and how my eggs are different. My family are also ordering things such as breads instead of buying it from Supermarkets, at least they can guarantee the freshness. I'm glad my mini enterprise is booming.

Also a big green blob is coming at 8am tomorrow. The bunnies and I are very excited! :lol: