prettychic

frontline or stronghold?

Our local farm supplies shop sell Frontline - apparently it was taken off prescription last year. At approx £12.00 it's cheaper than my vets by nearly a tenner! :D

But the online pet drugs companies are also very good - your vet should be willing to give you a written prescription for any drugs your pet needs, you can then get the drugs online much cheaper.

My parents-in -law have being doing this to get some long-term drugs for their dog and are saving loads. :D

Helen

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the info. I use stronghold at the moment but could see frontline was availble on line & soo much cheaper. I will ask my vet about the prescription for strong hold, Would they charge you for this info?

Chicken cam - I have 3 cats who use stronghold & havent had a problem with it, but then they dont really lick each other. Sorry i know its a rubbish answer!

x

I will ask my vet about the prescription for strong hold, Would they charge you for this info?

There's some useful information about prescription 'charges' at http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?chapter=0&id=10&main_page=page

In short, they can't charge you for a prescription but may be able to charge a "Medicine Determination Fee" but only if they charge it to everyone - whether they get their medicines from the practice or choose to have a prescription and get them elsewhere.

Rob

We use the Frontline spray. This was advised years ago by the vet, given on a monthly basis after Rascal developed a serious allergy to fleas :( . He can't afford to have 1 bite or he's in real trouble. The spray means death on contact for all fleas (suits us :twisted:)

We used to live backing into woods, but now we live beside sheep and the risk is higher re. ticks it means they have had it too :twisted::twisted:

Sadly :( , he developed a chronic airways condition just over 2 years ago after a bout of pneumonia :cry: . He's always been sensitive and the vet said it was a risk. Still 2.5mg prednisolone does the trick most of the time &, although he doesn't jump up trees any more he's very happy :P ( 2 episodes of needing an oxygen tent was NOT funny :!::!:

A few months back we were told he's now got a heart murmour :roll: , but looking at the avatar you wouldn't suspect anything :!::!: