hillfamily

question about the super glug & grub that come with the

I know that the cube comes with a super glug - with drip feeders underneath it. Is there any way to modify it so it's doesn't drip and can just be used as a normal glug :?::?:

Is the grub that comes with the cube the same size as a normal grub or a supersized grub :?::?: the brochure doesn't seem to be clear other than it says the glugs and grubs are big enough to feed 6 hens for 2 days which made me think it was bigger than a normal grub :?:? or do we get 2 grubs with a cube :?:

You can set the super glug lower as it has an open top just like the glug.

You get one of each - grub and Super Glug - (peanut and nipple feeder).

My hens, 6 of them, really need two feeders (stops any arguments over who is eating and when) and drinkers (ditto) and they prefer a good drink so I have got them two old style glugs :oops:To prevent them getting mucky when the hens are rootling around in the run I have them hung quite high with two concrete blocks in front of each 'set' so that they can still reach them easily.

Hope this helps

Thanks Clare - I'll make sure my nipples aren't dragging on the ground :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My girls love their glugs, most of which will be moving over to the cube when it arrives.

Just wanted to check if the super glug could be used as a glug - if not I was going to have to order some ordinary glugs as I couldn't possibly use my green ones with a lilac eglu :roll::shock: - the pink, purple and blue ones will be OK :D:D

Edited by Guest

Tiredness after an hour and a half of circuit training... I;m off to bed!!!!

This'll make you laugh though... I did the Royal Show for Omlet last year and they'd set up a cube the night before, but for some reason, they'd set up the superglug really low down with the nipples touching the grass, so naturally all the water had drained out and the chooks were gagging for a drink by the time we arrived. I had to explain to James that the grass had tickled the niples and let the water out... poor lad was in fits of laughter :lol::lol: Tamsin manned the stand with me and she was nearly wetting herself... Rosie just didn't understand :wink:

How's the tea Egluntine? :wink: Out of your nose?