Lesley

Camp Coffee

I don't know if anyone here is old enough to help out with this!

I use Camp coffee for baking and also in Banana Smoothies and Carl has just asked - Didn't the Indian gentleman (on the label) used to be standing up and serving the British Officer and now he is sitting down with him drinking coffee? Has Camp Coffee gone PC?

You should know to ask a 1940s housewife a question like that. Yes, it's changed. The Indian gentleman definitely used to serve the officer Camp coffee on a tray.

I use it for baking too - much easier than making a cup of strong coffee because I have to sit down and drink one at the same time :roll: !

Hi Lesley, Well spotted Carl! Amazing observation.

I thought you were right but was going to check with Father, but Kate has confirmed it. Now I can ask him if he's noticed a difference; surprised he hasn't shown me already, or perhaps he hasn't bought a bottle for 30 years.

He used to use it when making a great Chocolate Surprise Pudding which I still make occasionally. (The surprise is the sauce under the sponge) Yum. Might have to make one tomorrow now!

Funny when I saw the topic title I wondered what the question would be! After all, the coffee hasn't changed its name, despite PC.

At least the man is seated and not posing in a Larry Grayson, Julian Clary type stance.

Funny when I saw the topic title I wondered what the question would be! After all, the coffee hasn't changed its name, despite PC.

At least the man is seated and not posing in a Larry Grayson, Julian Clary type stance.

Just noticed this one! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

missed this thread originally (due to Hebe nursing probably) ... anyway just thought I'd chip in with my Camp Coffee tip ...

Get a couple of scoops of ice cream

Add some Camp

Stir

Hey Presto Coffee Ice Cream!! :D

yum yum (this does soften the ice cream a bit but I suppose you could pop it back in the freezer for a few minutes once the Camp has been stirred in if you prefer)