my green eglu was supposed to be delivered tomorrow so very chuffed it came today :D

hubby and me put it together this afternoon and went to collect the four marys from my allotment. They are very tame, i put them in through the egg port with the door to the run closed then opened the door and they wandered into the run and straight to the glug and grub and used them - i am so pleased, they stood under the shade in the rain then wandered into the eglu at their normal bedtime. I was sitting nearby and heard them pecking the plastic inside and moving about!

will take some pics tomorrow but the eglu isn't sited in the final position yet as the wall they are to go against is to be rebuilt. I have just put it on the yard on shavings.

what a great week as yesterday got the first and second egg. one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. I boiled the first one and it was perfect and got two more today :D:D

thanks for the comments, confidence got knocked this morning because my mr neighbour gave me some metal brackets to put hanging baskets on and I went around this morning with an omlet box of eggs as a thank-you and mrs neighbour answered the door and looked with disgust and said "ewww we don't eat anything like that" eek I feel so embarrassed.

me and hubby will eat them ourselves then :oops: I love eggs from my own hens, just wish my mum lived nearer so I could give her some too

I cleaned the eglu out this morning so easy, great invention :D

and I went around this morning with an omlet box of eggs as a thank-you and mrs neighbour answered the door and looked with disgust and said "ewww we don't eat anything like that" eek I feel so embarrassed.

It is her that should be embarrassed not you!

Blimey

BTW you should call your Eglu St Elmos! :lol:

I can't believe your neighbour said that!

Er - does this mean they don't eat eggs, at all, ever. Or (more probable in my view) they think eggs are created by a machine somewhere, and don't actually come out of a chicken's rear end?

Hey - you will never need to offer them any again, all the more for you!

How rude of your neighbour to refuse a gift like that. Eggs are like goldust in my household. My 3 year old was devestated when she dropped one the other day.

Love the pics. Ihad'nt thought of matching crocs but I can feel the urge to splurge coming on! Although I'd have to buy mens as I have feet the size of Richard Bransons island :roll:

Sarah.x

thanks for the comments, hubby said maybe they just eat rubbish but it was the real look of disgust that upset me - I mean I don't like strawberrys but I don't go eewwwww strawberries get them away from me - I just don't like them :roll:

Well I took the plunge yesterday and mines coming on the 24th April - hoprfully!!

I ordered two hens and my son can hardly contain himself with the excitement!

Louise