Kev

Newbie Just saying hello!

Hi All, I just got my new Eglu on Satarday and just wanted to say hello, I have been reading the forum and picking up lots of information, We have put three Chickens in our Eglu, Bluebelle, Sussex Star and a Black one ( not sure what shes called?) I know it says for Two chickens but they all seem quite happy and I have checked they all have room to move around and stretch.

We have only kept chickens for about 4 weeks and we used to have a standard woodern hut, but I saw all the details of the eglu on the pratical Poultry fourms. One for example was the pictures showing step by step cleaning and showing all the parts, after that I knew that our ladies would love it in there. I have only had it a few days but they have settled and seem really happy. I am so gald we took the step and got one. There great to look at and clean! Fantastic!

No eggs yet as our birds are only 18 weeks old, so with any luck maybe in the next month?

One for example was the pictures showing step by step cleaning and showing all the parts, after that I knew that our ladies would love it in there.

That was mine, Kev :wink::D ! Glad it inspired you to take the plunge! Welcome to the forum! Can we steer you towards the questionnaire in this section - chicken keepers are incredibly nosey and we'll not stop nagging you until you tell us a little bit about yourself :lol::lol::wink: !

Happy chicken keeping and keep on posting now you've found us :D !

......... the kids have suggested, BlueBelle, Star and Mrs Black, ......

...Sounds as if you do have 3 names there, Kev!

Glad to hear you're enjoying your chickens & also new Eglu, you won't regret that decision.

I'm so glad that I went for an Eglu....just wish I had opted for 3 chooks to start....I thought at first they would only accommodate 2, but several people here have 3 in 1 Eglu.

Eggs? Next month or 2 maybe...Let us know when 1st one arrives!

Welcome to the forum, Kev, there's lots to read, & keep posting.