The Managing Director

Dissent among the ranks

NO NO the Underling was putting the mini assistant to bed :!::!: Oh and the Underling has now been demoted to under Underling after the incident of using my log on and I am conducting interviews for an Underling, I suspect the dog is due a promotion but the cats are allowed to submit CV's as well, very democratic here . On reflection one of the cats may get the post as the dog is doing a great job as PA, he kept three children entertained for an entire afternoon today and is now absolutely flaked out.

You may think it harsh to elevate the canines above the underling but ask yourself this question, which one is likely to learn fastest, :?: Murdo or the young intelligent german shepherd dog :):)

The hens are all sharing the post of chief egg provider , well except for Willow who has her own category, chief egg tester due to her fondness for eating said eggs,

So there has been a great deal of dissent among the ranks and even talk of bringing in a HR consultants so I just need to get a few things in writing before the under underling gets out of the bath

All complaints have been carefully considered and views on seniority , commitment and productivity have now been taken into account

the new roles are

Willow: Roost Manager and egg taster(because hens can multi task too)

Rosie: Chief egg layer

Hazel: trainee egg layer GNR

Bramble:trainee egglayer PP

Jasmine: Chief blue egg layer

Briar : trainee blue egg layer and head Aristocrat

Blossom: trainee white egg layer

So that's the important ones sorted

also

Flint the dog has kindly offered to attempt to multi task too so is trying out the roles of PA and Companion in Chief

and the Underling role is to be a job share between Chaos and Mayhem that way there will always be cover when one of them disappears

the mini assistant is to be promoted to junior assistant as she would like to point out she's not so mini these days

and the Under Underling remains just that ,although as a small consolation he is to be allowed to add 'and technical support ' to his job title

all talk of calling in HR consultants is to be ignored and all decisions are final, there is no court of appeal and no plea bargaining is allowed!!!!

:D:D:D

anyone who feels the management style is dictatorial should bear in mind there have been rumours of a failing job market and pending redundanies

PS I have moved this debate into the nesting box as not quite sure it has anything to do with chickens anymore, maybe it never did :):)

Nice to see you have got your priorities right :wink:

Can I humbly suggest that you establish some incentive tasks which Under Underling and technical support could do to raise his position from 'holding everything up from the basement' to 'climbing up the chicken pyramid'. I have found this a useful way of getting household members of various species to do things for me they would never normally consider doing :lol::wink:

Can I humbly suggest that you establish some incentive tasks which Under Underling and technical support could do to raise his position from 'holding everything up

yep that's him always holding everything up whilst he trys to find his keys/shoes/phone/wallet(that never gets found :shock::) )

I could try incentive tasks but usually he heads off to try and carry out said task and fails to reappear until the magic words 'dinner is ready' so I'm not sure it will succeed :):) He does get home made bread, butter and hot cross buns though so really he's not so hard done by

:lol: Well, I'm grateful to the MD for clarifying the positions.

Everything is clear now, thank you. ( :?:? )

Obviously you have to take a strong lead, and I hope your staff start giving you the respect & support that you deserve.

Definitely agree that the dog has shown true ability as P.A. and should be rewarded.

Maybe a dog kennel would be a good idea though.

For any poor behaviour from any other member of staff. :wink:

I was going to suggest one of those dog collars which sends out a shock when the wearer is misbehaving - but the idea might appeal to some and induce further insubordination :roll::wink:

(and where is grd these days - is he on holiday with ClareT? I thought he might be offering support to the underling!)

:lol: It'll be quiet, won't it?

Still, we shouldn't be casting nastursiums should we, to use Mel's phrase, just because 2 people were away at the same time. :shock:

So, Mel, where were you last week? Saw you back this morning, but it has been quieter than usual without Clare T. GRD and Mel this past week.

Were you in a dog kennel somewhere? :wink::lol:

Obviously you have to take a strong lead, and I hope your staff start giving you the respect & support that you deserve.

Of course. Can I loyally point out she has moved this thread over here out of the 'Chickens' forum where it started, displaying the sort of initiative and leadership from which we can all learn

:grovel:

I was going to suggest one of those dog collars which sends out a shock when the wearer is misbehaving - but the idea might appeal to some and induce further insubordination

:shudder:

Stop ! Please. Don't give her ideas. My thumbs still haven't recovered from the thumbscrews last night (see other thread).

and the Under Underling remains just that ,although as a small consolation he is to be allowed to add 'and technical support ' to his job title

:D:D:D

unfortunately due to the lack of suitable emoticons for cream legbars we had to invent a speckled chicken, this has lead to a severe shortage of space on my signature so I had to choose, speckled chicken or under underling :?::?: It would obviously be rude to reject my easter gift so well I'm betting you all know how that's going to end. OK so I need a new role for the underling it has to be 6 or less letters and has to be an accurate reflection of his role and future prospects and please nothing too demeaning :!::!: