poachedegg

Our gorgeous Pink Eglu arrived today!

OH has put it up in the garden just to see what it looks like. He needs to lay a few more slabs before we can make a permanent area THEN we can get the chickens.

We were going to get 3 and order a convertor, however now we have seen it in place think the extra will take up too much space in the garden, so we are going to stick to 2.

I bet you're having chicken dreams at the moment...

Did the eglu look bigger than you imagined it? Lots of people find that...

It does, but now we've moved it into a different position we're thinking perhaps we should have a convertor then we can go for 3 chickens afterall......decisions, decisions!

go for the converter I say!

We have one on our eglu run and its great because when we go away for 1/2 nights we dont feel guilty that they dont have enough room!

Also even if you want to sell it later down the line - there's usually always a buyer looking for one on here. :)

Hi poachedegg, my Blue Elgu arrived today too!! Put up by a very nice man called Darren. They offered to put it up for me as they were collecting my (leaky) Cube that I was sending back.

I love my elgu it's a great shape & design. I have spent a pleasant afternoon fiddling about with it. I have even painted 2 kickboards (to stop the hemcore being kicked all over), the same matching shade of blue!! Sad eh??

The eggport door has been open 158 times as I keep looking in there and trying to imagine some dear chickens sat on the roosting bars!!!

I am a happy person this aft!!

:lol::lol::lol:

I love my elgu it's a great shape & design. I have spent a pleasant afternoon fiddling about with it. I have even painted 2 kickboards (to stop the hemcore being kicked all over), the same matching shade of blue!! Sad eh??

I am just as bad and my cube isn't assembled yet (going to try when kids in bed!) - I have ordered a purple trug (not sure what for yet :? ) and have painting the doors to the run this afternoon after moving in a large couple of tree parts (can't quite call them branches as they have branches on branches - look like tiny trees) - just need to secure them a bit. DH is going to think I am absolutely barmy!

Hi poachedegg, my Blue Elgu arrived today too!! Put up by a very nice man called Darren. They offered to put it up for me as they were collecting my (leaky) Cube that I was sending back.

The eggport door has been open 158 times as I keep looking in there and trying to imagine some dear chickens sat on the roosting bars!!!

I am a happy person this aft!!

You're like me an empty Eglu - but still looking at it!

Like the idea of the matching kickboards, however I think OH would draw the line at me painting ours pink!

When are you getting your chickens?

I am just as bad and my cube isn't assembled yet (going to try when kids in bed!) - I have ordered a purple trug (not sure what for yet ) and have painting the doors to the run this afternoon after moving in a large couple of tree parts (can't quite call them branches as they have branches on branches - look like tiny trees) - just need to secure them a bit. DH is going to think I am absolutely barmy!

Don't be dissappointed if you can't do it on your own it's really a two person job, the bits are really heavy and although it really hurts me to admit this - it needs a man!! :(

You're like me an empty Eglu - but still looking at it!

Like the idea of the matching kickboards, however I think OH would draw the line at me painting ours pink!

When are you getting your chickens?

poachedegg Pink kickboards would look great!! I used Cuprinol garden shades, it says it's safe for animals on the tin and they have it in every colour - they MUST have it in pink.

I'm going to see a breeder tomorrow, very hopeful I will be coming back with a couple or three!!

:lol::D:lol::D

Don't be dissappointed if you can't do it on your own it's really a two person job, the bits are really heavy and although it really hurts me to admit this - it needs a man!! :(

Well I sort of managed to put cube together - my isn't it heavy and huge :? I am missing a few parts so James is going to courier them out to me - quite impressed with Omlet's service even if they didn't include all my bits :wink:

Don't say that - I did have to force some bits and I'm not sure (the sides especially) that I forced them down enough! Oh well if it leaks we can always try a rebuild :wink: I think it is going to stay under a covered run anyway so don't mind too much - although I think I might change my mind when it actually goes in the run (if we can get it up the slope and steps :roll: ) and I see how much space it takes up :wink:

Definately going to watch the Apprentice now - I don't care anymore that I am now going to be up til past 1am - anyway DH isn't back from the office yet :(

poachedegg Pink kickboards would look great!! I used Cuprinol garden shades, it says it's safe for animals on the tin and they have it in every colour - they MUST have it in pink

I'm going to see a breeder tomorrow, very hopeful I will be coming back with a couple or three!!

:lol::D:lol::D

Just looked at their website - no pink :(

Good luck - let us know what you pick. :D

I have ordered a purple trug (not sure what for yet :? )

There are loads of uses for tubtrugs :D:D:D

yes there are! I used my shallow one as a dustbath or as an actual real bath to bathe my chooks. I used the medium one as a "poo picking bucket" - ready with a trowel to go on poo picking missions in the run daily! and the large tubtrug contains all my chicken bits (wormer, redmite powder etc etc ) all the pots of potions I have accumalated over 2 years.