Boris70

Small Water butt?

Ohh, ooh, ooh, we bought a new water butt the other day - well actually it was a Rioja wine barrel (empty :( ) that we can put a hole in the top, buy a tap and have as a water butt! Its lovely, and only £30. (So we went back and got 2 more - we are having a seat made from one and a huge planter and water feature from the other one and remaining bit from the seat).

Lovely! 8)

Well, Thalia,

I suppose they do. But I had overindulged (again!!) on Friday so when we went to collect the first one on Saturday it was all I could do not to throw up out of the car window, the smell of rioja just came back to haunt me!! :(:wink:

Water butt has been installed. We went for a slimline one - and installed it on Sunday - to have it filled completey by the rain overnight. My husband is now looking to install one of every down pipe we have!

What have I started!

. I do beleive you can get joining kits to link barrels together so if you have space next to your orginal slimline you can have another one next to it to save as much water as you can.

you can indeed COAM ,Murdo bought 2 new water butts at the weekend (not as easy as it sounds, B&Q had sold out of water butts entirely but the local garden centre came up trumps as always :)

we now have 2 water butts linked at the top of the garden and a hose down to 2 more next to the vegetable patch so hopefully we shall be if not self sufficient at least doing our bit , well until Flint decides a hosepipe looks like a really good toy and chews through it :roll::roll: A Barbie horse met a terrible fate today as did another of Murdos shoes :!::!: When do puppies stop chewing :?::?::roll::roll:

We fitted a slimline one, as the only downpipe that wasn't in a place that would block our neighbours' right of way was the one near our front door :roll:

It's been really useful - though when I find myself cursing having to traipse from front garden to back to water the tomatoes, I have to keep reminding myself of the unfortunate people around the world who have to walk miles for all their water :(