xsoggyx

Should I buy a Cube or Wait? Too many Problems.....

No, I'm with you on that, Gallina! I still think the Eglu shape is more fun and funky ... but I love the Cube for the height, the space and the ease of cleaning. Lifting the lid off the Eglu used to make my back hurt!

No, I'm with you on that, Gallina! I still think the Eglu shape is more fun and funky ... but I love the Cube for the height, the space and the ease of cleaning. Lifting the lid off the Eglu used to make my back hurt!

I'm agree as well - So much easier to clean out and my girls got used to the ladder straight away. They certainly seem happy with in. And, not all of them leak - we put ours together ourselves and apart from one week when we found out it was lop-sided it has been dry even through Manchester rain!!

O noooooooooo, placed the order yesterday and now have to wait until the "end of June. Leak has been rectified on all new cubes and with a second mould hopfully will be able to meet current demand"

So end of June is around 8 weeks. Well at least we dont have the hassle with the moving company, estate agents and solicitors. Will just have to get the girls to think positive and show them the Ikea catalouge for now. They have already begun to de-clutter their eglu :-)

I saw the new cube (mine was a very early one) and they've changed all the things that annoyed me, like the little handles on the back of the lid, which I couldn't move, now have an extra but so you can hook them back again. and I saw the mod for dripping cubes which looks very sensible.

I took delivery of my Green Cube on 1st May. It arrived on time with no parts missing. I am only small and was able to put it together myself with no help at all. :D We have had some heavy rain and it didn't leak.

I love my cube and would recommend one without any hesitation whatsoever.

Susanx

I have had my cube for about a month now and I can report that it hasn't leaked once.

It has stood in solitary splendour at the top of the garden and has been rained on heavily numerous times.

It is now (from today) in the walk in run, and is super.

Hens going into it tonight for the first time. :lol:

After a productive weekend in the garden we have now changed our minds about the cube. We moved the playhouse down into the lower garden and moved the eglu onto the raised area of the garden where they get sun most of the day. I realise I just love my eglu too much! It's so funky and cool that I couldn't bear to exchange it for a cube.

a) The price! A cube is expensive!

b) Funky eglus rule and are easy to move!

c) Small door to the cube run.

d) A larger walk in run is reqired with an eglu or cube

e) I'd rather spend the money on a walk in run than a cube

So I cancelled the cube order and have purchased another extension instead! May live to regret it but . . . . hey ho . . . for the moment it's going to be another extension + a walk in run.

b) Funky eglus rule and are easy to move!

e) I'd rather spend the money on a walk in run than a cube

completely agree! I love our eglu and wont part with it. When we had our 2 eglus in the walk in run it was fantastic as the hens had lots of run room and the eglus were easy for me to move about. I had to get the cube as the chickens were going in the wrong eglu's :roll: (3 in 1 eglu and 1 lone chook in another) so we got fed up with swapping them around every night.

I think an eglu in a walk in run is a great solution. :wink: