Berliner Beer Posted May 19, 2008 Share Posted May 19, 2008 I went to the local Garden center at the week end. Went to look at the eglu that they have on display. Whilst wndering around looking at all the fab birds my 3 year old drew my wifes attention to an uncapped sewer vent pipe. She kept saying there was a rabbit down there. and sure enough about 2 & half feet down the pipe was a tiny rabbit. I reached down and pulled it out by its ears ( thanks to the lady who new how to pick up a rabbit....i had no idea!) anyhoo we poped it over the fence......nice warm feeling Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted May 19, 2008 Share Posted May 19, 2008 poor little thing - lucky your daughter is so observant! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted May 20, 2008 Share Posted May 20, 2008 On the animal theme, I rescued a wee mouse last night - it's crazy season here and the cats are bringing in a couple of things every night now... mostly dead. This little fella was very much alive and trying to get away from Biscuit, who was growling at me when I tried to get the mouse off him. managed eventually to catch him and he seemed unharmed (except for the part of his tail that was on the kitchen floor), so I tucked him on mu PJs pocket, grabbed a torch and my garden crocs and went down to the wood pile to set him free.. he gave me a look that said 'thank you' Awww, he was a lovely field mouse too, rather than a house mouse. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rolo Rabbit Posted May 20, 2008 Share Posted May 20, 2008 I found a mobile phone on my way home from dropping the children at school this morning. I tried ringing the 'home number' but it made strange noises so I was going carry on home and try again when a woman drove up and said 'Have you seen a mobile phone?' Very satisfying! I reckon 'doing as you would be done by ' is a pretty good rule to live by. Sorry if that sounds sanctimonious but I think it's true! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted May 20, 2008 Share Posted May 20, 2008 here here, that is what I am always telling my kids, treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you won't go far wrong Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ziggy Posted May 20, 2008 Share Posted May 20, 2008 I also keep telling the same to my kids... and to myself!! It's a very good rule to live by... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...