kaylis1980

glug and grub questions... (plural)

we have a wooden coop (at least until i can persuade my hubby that a cube is the way to go! :lol: ) and we have standard bell shaped feeders- they are absoloutly enormous compared to the run they have at the moment, they easily take up the space of 3 chickens!!!!

so i would like to buy a glug and grub- i know that eglus are weldmesh but do you think it would be possible to attach the grub and glug to the side of the run??

does (or could) anyone take a picture of the back of the glug and/or grub so that i can see what kind of co :lol: traption i will need to masterpiece to get it to fit....

and finally. do glugs and grubs ever get sold on ebay?? or second hand- im not a s"Ooops, word censored!" i just want to get them as cheap as possible :oops:

The hangers are little hooks designed to hang over the weldmesh from the inside out.

Try asking on the wanted section on here, that's how I got my glug, I did a swop with someone. But there ususally is someone on here who is thinking about selling glugs & grubs, and I have seen them on ebay too. .

I took this photo yesterday, not of the glug but the chooks :wink: but you can see a small bit of one hanger of the back of the glug. The glug sits on the run floor, & the hook just stops it tipping over as it has a curved base, the grub has longer metal hooks which are narrower & they hang on the run side quite snugly.

2518644077_e13bbd6e8d.jpg

My hubby cut down a piece on hollow alluminium ladder :shock: sounds odd, but he angle grinded the exact shape out and the grubs and glugs just click on into place.. very clever of him actually, cos I was thinking it was going to look pants when he said he was using a ladder! :lol:

I will take a picture tomorrow if you want me to, let me know.

edited to add, he only used a tiny section of the ladder for each container, not the whole ladder! :lol: He then took the rest of the ladder to the s"Ooops, word censored!" yard I think.

i can just imagine what my hubby would say if i said i was going to use part of the ladder :lol:

i do actually have a metal/iron rod in the shed- i have no ideawhat it was for (or how i wll cut it??) but its only about 1cm wide so do you think that might work?? i dont know how much of a gap is on the glug/grub at the back...

i can just imagine what my hubby would say if i said i was going to use part of the ladder

This was my thought too, but he knew best, and this ladder was surplus to requirements so he recycled it :lol:

We did try a metal bar, but hubby felt it was too unstable... but now it's so stable they use them are perches.. :lol:

Just thought.. wire radiator hangers.. someone uses them.. now who uses them I cant remember?!

One poster used a plain piece of wood with holes drilled in the top. They then stuck a screw or nail down through the hook bits of the grub/glug. The nails just slotted into the holes on the piece of wood. Looked brilliant but probably doesn't make any sense at all the way I've written it :?

Just thought.. wire radiator hangers.. someone uses them.. now who uses them I cant remember?!

i dont think i have seen a wire coathanger in about 10 years!!

snowy- it does make sense, so the nail kind of sits IN the hole- rather than being a fixing?? thats how i planned doing it too.... (if thats what you meant :lol: )

dont think i have seen a wire coathanger in about 10 years!!

no not coathangers, radiator hangers.. the ones that hang over the radiator to dry clothes?? radiator airers?? I dont know their proper name..

It's Phosphorus that has these in her run I remember.. Phosphorus get in here.. :lol:

edited I found the picture of her run for you to see

http://club.omlet.co.uk/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=27565

i dont think i have seen a wire coathanger in about 10 years!!

snowy- it does make sense, so the nail kind of sits IN the hole- rather than being a fixing?? thats how i planned doing it too.... (if thats what you meant :lol: )

Yes, the nail sits in the hole. But just rereading this post, I've realised that the pictures of the red glug/grub further up are exactly what I was trying to describe! How did I miss those? :roll::lol: