Sheilaz

Very off topic!!

Thanks, just found out it has stopped because of overload, but,

you can vote by clicking "contact us" & sending an email, just saying, I vote for Abby Cutler.

Closes noon tomorrow, Fri.20th, so I'll fit in 2 more.

Thanks to all of you who helped, I'll let you know how Abby gets along.

Aw, thanks Nicola & Kate. :D

I think the top 8 attend an X factor type event where the judges decide the winners & tell them all what they really think of them. :shock:

Isn't she a brave girl! I'm sure she'll be spurred on by the support. 8) Its a shame we can't see how many votes now.

Thanks Sarah & Kate. I managed to access contestants again just now & several have really leapt ahead...it must be since it went wrong & emails were introduced. There are 10 strong contenders so she's not even assured a place.

We have until noon!

Sheila - I've just been and voted as normal. Abby was on 4149 before I voted. When I went back in after closing it down it still said 4149 votes, so how do they calculate it? When are the votes added?

It was 4149 before & after my vote too! Now it seems to be per email, its all a bit odd.

It has increased now, & she's 4th, but anything could change if there is a sudden input. Don't know how it works. Think they must be inputting at the Lancaster Guardian, with postal votes & emails they receive to add on. Presumably they do batches, which means she may be further behind than we know.

Only 15 mins!

Thanks Lesley & Louise!

Thanks for spotting that, Sarah. I've been checking the website every day for news...until today.

You're right Kate, that must be a long week for the conetstants. I think the number of votes shown still had 2 more days worth to be added by the newspaper. There are 10 main contenders for 8 places.

I shall have something to say to newspaper if she isn't in...she was so clearly in top 3 before system overload!

Fingers crossed Abby!

Sheila, has Abbey heard how she got on yet? Actually I'm probably being lazy, I could just go and check the website, but though I'd post and ask instead. So much more sociable :):)

She was good though (as I discovered when I finally fiured out out to fix the sound- unplugged speakers went the best part of a week before I twigged what was wrong :oops: ), I thought she was easily the best, but sometimes these things are more about how much support you can drum up than actual talent.

Do let us know how she got on please.

Thanks for asking! Funnily enough I was just on the website this evening, feeling a bit behind with family emails :oops:, so thought I'd check to see if results were posted.

Hurray, they were, & it seems that 10 finalists will appear for the x factor type competition in Morecambe on June 8th. They had originally said 8 finalists, but the top 10 were very close in votes so I think that was fair.

Abby was in 2nd place in vote count...thanks everyone who helped.

I'm sure that will boost her confidence (as if she needed any more, she must have my share!) and I think she'll have a great time next Weds. night. :D:D

I should think most of her school will be there rooting for her!

Now I must catch up with family....where does the time go?

ooops, I think I know the answer to that! :roll:

I've just been having a very lethargic afternoon, tired, lazy etc :oops: , and have spent far more time on this forum than I really should :oops: (Who cares, everyone's out except daughter, and she's asleep, and so won't know). Anyway, I suddenly remembered Abby and the contest, and thought I'd have a little catch up.

Such bad luck she didn't win, but did she have a good night? It must have been a brilliant experience, pretty nerve wracking I'd thought, personally I'd rather bungee jump off the Blackpool Tower than sing in public, but then I've heard donkeys with a better ear for a tune than myself :shock: , so that's why then. Just a real pity that she had to be disappointed at the end. She's definately got talent though, will she try again?

Thanks for the interest, much appreciated. I saw Abby yesterday so was able to have a proper chat with her, and her mum. She had a great evening, and it was a great experience for her. Her friends supporting her cheered so loudly, its a shame they didn't judge on the loudest audience response!

She's only 13 so has plenty of time to achieve her dream of performing! I think not to win too early may be a good thing. She may even have a manager lined up when 17. She is being very focussed & is already applying to go music institute when finished at school.

Forgot to ask for autographs! :wink: