Guest Posted July 21, 2008 Share Posted July 21, 2008 Here is a video link of the noise we are getting with ours. You will see it is a lot quieter when Andy lightly holds the pan. I have made sure we have slotted the pan in properly etc. I have sent a copy of the link to Panasonic. To give an ida of the volume of the noise - you can't actually hold a conversation in the kitchen when it is making bread .... http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa16/redfrock/?action=view¤t=noisybreadmaker.flv Please give me your honest opinion. Maybe I am simply expecting too much? Although I have never had this problem in the past with my other breadmakers. every time i played that, the budgie went bezerk tweeting his head off! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redfrock Posted July 21, 2008 Share Posted July 21, 2008 My not particularly helpful reply from Panasonic today "ISSUE RESOLUTION: Dear Mrs ...., Thank you for your further e-mail enquiry. In response, I would explain that regrettably, we cannot receive your attachment video. However, we can only reiterate our previous response, in that you return to your retailer for a remedy of the problem that you are experiencing. We trust that the above information will be of assistance to you. Kind regards," Bear in mind they took 6 weeks to reply to the first email, during which time I had already been sent a replacement by the retailer (which I told them in my second email) - and that is the one you see on the photobucket link (sorry Poet ), I am still having problems. I guess I will just have to accept it. (Come Back RH, all is forgiven ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted July 21, 2008 Share Posted July 21, 2008 morphy richards have replaced mine twice with no quibbling. What a shame panasonic won't do the same. Tell them you're buying a MR fastbake as their cust svc is far superior and that you've already told everyone you know on the net about their poor service and see what they say? Write to the MD/chairman too, that usually works. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted July 21, 2008 Share Posted July 21, 2008 Blimey. That is noisy! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted July 22, 2008 Share Posted July 22, 2008 That sounds terrible - as if something is drastically loose inside the mechanism Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redfrock Posted July 22, 2008 Share Posted July 22, 2008 I have had a bit of a Google about this problem and I don;t seem to be the only one, so I think I will ask for a refund - I have no faith in a 3rd one - and think about a different brand. I have owned bread makers for 10 years so I not daft and I know this isn't right. I am ever so disappointed as I have wanted a Panny for years . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...