The Dogmother Posted June 26, 2008 Share Posted June 26, 2008 This is priceless.. An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard; I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of. He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep. An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out. The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. This continued off and on for several weeks. Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.' The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar: 'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 - he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?' Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stoobie Posted June 26, 2008 Share Posted June 26, 2008 I might try that - although my dog has learnt how to sleep through a double toddler attack. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted June 26, 2008 Share Posted June 26, 2008 Brilliant! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted June 26, 2008 Share Posted June 26, 2008 brilliant Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 26, 2008 Share Posted June 26, 2008 How funny. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Paola Posted June 26, 2008 Share Posted June 26, 2008 I might try that - although my dog has learnt how to sleep through a double toddler attack. I probably should not laugh Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted June 26, 2008 Share Posted June 26, 2008 I really needed a laugh today. I just got one with this cathy x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted June 26, 2008 Share Posted June 26, 2008 funny Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted June 26, 2008 Share Posted June 26, 2008 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stevie Posted June 26, 2008 Share Posted June 26, 2008 I liked that! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...