buffie

Anyone else turned into barbara!!

What a sad life that woman must live, alienating her fellow man/woman and chickens :cry:

She isn't worth the time and she is missing the point, the eglu is des res and chic, she's not very up to the minute is she! I feel very proud to be an eglu and chicken owner!!

We Barbara's will stick together and I think that reaction is pretty unusual. I have had nothing but admiration and positive comment, she is alone in her mrs bouquet'ness. Yes Margo was actually lovely and both she and Jerry gave more to Tom and Barbara than they got back!!

Oh, the good life!!

Bx :wink::wink::lol::lol:

Thanks for all that I know I am in good company here on the forum and i just ignore her these days, she is a bit sad and lonely as another mother put it "don't take it to heart she doesn't have many friends" and it will probably stay that way........................... :lol::lol:

I will put some pics in the gallery of the garden now it is looking better after the winter hen trashing...............Will have to wait for the gallery to return first though............ :D

What a hiddeous sounding woman :evil: Probably jealous that you have a more interesting life than her.

My friends often joke that I'm like Barbara and I like that to be honest. I always wanted to be like her. Although I do sometimes think I've turned out a bit like the woman from'Butterflies' played by Wendy Craig :!::!:

By the way rats are beautiful. My son,Tom has a georgeous white and brown female one named Pippin and she is just sooo pretty.

I've just acquired a 8 month old tortoise. Anyone else got one and can give me tips (sorry I should have started a new post it on that) I've called him Artemis.

A Barbara pin badge sounds fab. Long live the surburban farm chick :!:

I put my hand up to being a Barbara as well! Nightie and Cloggie shoes are the order of the day for me at 6.30am - how sexy is that! My husband says the man next door must get a thrill if he looks out of the window when I am bending over to let the chooks out!!

Also, can I order my Barbara badge now please?!

I think that nasty woman sounds a complete cow and she should have a badge saying "I am a complete cow" perhaps we could design one when we do the Barbara one!!

Olivia

p.s I am just up in our bedroom typing this and I have just discovered a huge lump of chicken poo on the bottom of my shoe! ooooops!

I'm in Barbara garb today too, girls. I've got slippers with chicken poo on, dirty knees (wearing a skirt as usual) after kneeling in the mud to plant tomatoes in the rain, chicken footprints down the front of my white T-shirt and mudspots up my legs from where Jenny decided to try and flap in a muddy puddle!!

I feel very glam :wink: !

Kate

You definitely sound like my kind of person - I went to a Virgin V make up party the other day anc ABSOLUTELY HATED it! I didn't know why the heck I was there, SO shallow and ridiculous, I just wanted to be at home with my chickens and my Aga!!

Chickens and Agas rule OK !!!!

Olivia

Oh you've all made me laugh. Excellent!!!

I went to tell Mikey off the other day for bringing mud up the stairs and I realised it was chicken poop on the bottom of my lovely o'neil daisy flip flops that i wore with my dressing gown. When the wind blows I'm sure my neighbours may have seen too much for their own good!!

Badges all roung I say!! Ha ha ha :lol::lol::lol:

Bx

I've got a very easy solution to the chicken poo on slippers/flip flops. I found some rubber clog type shoes in a shop next to the wellingtons. They are backless so just slip on. I keep them by the back door and it takes just a second to slip off my slippers and slip the clogs on - being backless I can do it all while standing up with my hands full :D

I too do the girls first thing in the morning in my dressing gown. Being long the problem is that when I bend over the front bit trails on the ground and gets muddy/poopy if it is raining. Haven't yet found a solution for that.

Kate

You definitely sound like my kind of person - I went to a Virgin V make up party the other day anc ABSOLUTELY HATED it! I didn't know why the heck I was there, SO shallow and ridiculous, I just wanted to be at home with my chickens and my Aga!!

Chickens and Agas rule OK !!!!

Olivia

I've got a friend who is 42 and trying to be 18 like her daughter again - all fancy clothes, make up, trendy gear and I just can't be bothered! She's always telling me to dye my hair, get some new clothes and I'd feel so much better :roll: !! There's more to life than trying to hold back the years and live in designer gear! I love a nice simple life being me and not how people think I should be! Rock on Barbara!!!

I'm a Barbara at heart but with weird edges. My family assure me I'm a mix of Barbara, and Monica and Phobe from Friends :?

I go out to the girls in clogs and my pink leopard print, hooded bathrobe. No there are no pictures

Go on Trish - be daring.

Since we have the same combination of green eglu, bluebelle and black rock I'm always interested in how your girls are doing. Now mine are going to be green with envy that they get a boring person clad in blue dressing gown to tend to their morning needs, while yours get woken up with exotic leopard prints and pink!!

Now hang on, what are all these slurs on Barbara ? We are talking one of the most successful UK sex symbols of the declining part of the 20th century here. :D

( Ordering the Eglu resulted in anticipation round here as to whether the Eglu might come with a free Felicity Kendal ... )

Now hang on, what are all these slurs on Barbara ? We are talking one of the most successful UK sex symbols of the declining part of the 20th century here. :D

Not slurs, Murdo, we're all proud to be Barbaras....its just that not all of us look like Felicity somehow! 8)

( Ordering the Eglu resulted in anticipation round here as to whether the Eglu might come with a free Felicity Kendal ... )

:shock: Well, I shall report this to the MD :shock:

Oh Murdo - we wouldn't throw slurs at Barbara! Speaking purely personally here, I'm no sex symbol but I'd definitely feel very much at home wearing trousers to Barbara's one orange leg, one blue leg design!! I think us ladies are more at home in wellies than kitten heels and are more down to earth like Barbara than designer dollies like Margo :wink: !

Just wish I looked like Felicity Kendall!

:wink: Me too .... wish I looked like F.Kendal. Am making fairy cakes out of Nigellas book later (well not with paper obviously) .. and it mentioned something about free range organic eggs. I felt very smug when I realised I COULD pop out into the garden and "pluck an egg from underneath a warm hen" .... I don't have to settle for 2nd best .. I AM a BARBARA. 8):lol:

:lol::lol:Origami fairy cakes! Oh, it is satisfying about the eggs, isn't it, & good for Nigella for phrasing it like that in the book.

Mmm, don't look much like Nigella either. Some people could just wear a sack & look great, whereas others :roll: ....would look & feel like a sack of potatoes.

Organic, of course.

Just thought I would let everybody know that a programme about self-sufficiency is about to start on T.V.........It is called The Real Good Life and starts on the 31st of May at 8pm on ITV.....For a year, the families followed the footsteps of Tom and Barbara Good in the origanal sitcom by giving up their day jobs and turning their suburban back gardens into miniature farms. But did the reality live up to their expectations ? Must be one to watch ...................... :lol::lol::lol: