buffie

Anyone else turned into barbara!!

Buffie,

I am intrigued as to why you call your husband "the pug"???!!!! :? I am only interested because I have two pugs, a fawn one called Mary who is ancient with no teeth and the naughtiest black pug in the universe "Mr. Bean" - do tell !!! :D

Olivia

Hi Olivia, just called to Mikey ('the pug') to tell him what you've asked! Well I actually don't know but he gave himself the name, we have a boxer and love the flatter faced dogs, so pugs are cute, to me. The name came about as i was called Buffie, nickname from a friend see in my profile, and he just said and I'm the pug.

He has just said he's pug ugly, not at all true. :shock: I call him the pug because he's cute!!

:wink::wink::D

Its a real pain being away all weekend so much to catch up on :evil:

Anyway I must be a bit of a Barbara and have been for years. I rarely wear makeup I don't think I have any designer clothes and if I have they were bought in TK Maxx so are at least one season old :lol: I really feel people should take you as they find you. Life is too busy to worry about how others see you so long as you do "Ooops, word censored!"ody any harm who cares :shock: In fact the clothes I am wearing in the pic in the gallery are my normal working garb not exactly stylish :shock: I can scrub up if I have to 8) I am very much a purist when it comes to food as well I have lost count of the number of things I have put myself off by reading the ingredients :lol:

I am looking forward to the programme though I hope I remember this one is on I watch so little TV that I often miss things as it is not my habit to just have it on or channel hop all the time :roll:

Hi Louise

Thinking about it I think 'Barbara's are inside' so it doesn't matter what the outward appearance is like. I've had a Barbara wanting to get out and the chickens have let me do it. I'm dressed up today as need to go into town, dressed up that means not in my chicken jeans and make up is visible!!

Bx :)

I've become a bit of a Barbara over the last six months since we have moved to a house with a decent sized garden. I don't think my husband minds at all, thought he thinks the headscarf is taking it a bit far (it keeps the hair out of my face when gardening!). We are both turning in to a couple of sad river cottage wannabees, and the chooks are only making us worse! Up until two weeks ago himself would have been mortified at the idea of any animal ruining his lovely lawn, now he sees the chooks demolishing it and just laughs.

I think all of this can only be a good thing.

Im taking a tip from monty don and doing my own container vegetable garden too, if I only get two carrots it will all be worth it, Berryfields here I come!

Annie

I've always looked like a cross between a bag-lady and Barbara but have just got worse over the years! Chicken keeping has just added a certain something to my appearance! I took my big waterproof jacket on holiday - 'just in case' - and needed it just one day.

There I was last Sunday, French market, in the rain and coat with chicken poo down the front! I fitted in quite well really :?:lol: