buffie

Anyone else turned into barbara!!

Hi silly really but I have become an early riser, cook more and now make bread, since the girls arrived.

Still love make up clothes etc but spend early part of day looking like a bag lady!!

Has this happened to you!!

BX :wink:

:lol::lol::lol: I always look like a "bag lady" what with 2 nippers, a hubby and the chooks (plus 2 goldfish - the least stressful of the lot). 8)

No ... only kidding .. I can "scrub up relatively well", but YES I do, do more eco- :D , stuff. More conscious of making poo soup for the veg, and recycling alot more than I ever did. A neighbour came round a few weeks back, when I was tending the Girls ... "flippin 'eck its like the good life round here" was her comment, so I suppose you could call me Barbara too. :lol::lol::lol:

Yes,Buffie, sounds very familiar!

I used to groan at alarm at 6.50 & think, surely 5 mins won't hurt.

Now I always wake before the alarm & if its about 6.30 think "oh good, gained extra time", & leap out of bed! Can't wait to see the chooks!

Trouble is, I've disrupted routine for LSH. He used to get 1st go at bathroom, kitchen etc then leave for work, & I would take next turn for each. Paths not crossing too much at 7am answer to our happy marriage!

Now I'm in the way!

However, quite often the bonus is that I've already ironed a couple of shirts & made the porridge. He can't quite believe the changes! Weird isn't it?

As for the clothes, I'm the same, like to feel groomed to go out (but hair doesn't oblige) but LSH can't quite believe seeing me come into kitchen in nightie & wellies (his of course, easier to slip on!)

All the mums at school call me Barbara, they say it is like the good life at my house, and always ask what have you got growing in the garden, but they never say no to free fruit, veg and now eggs............... :lol::lol:

Although one lady was quite rude about me keeping chickens I won't repeat what she said, needless to say she never gets any eggs......Her loss, as all the other friendly mums have confirmed, we now have an egg rota...... :lol:

The rude lady at school called the girls rats with wings and said I was very sad for wanting to keep them and would bring down the tone of the area...........She was also very rude when she went on to say how did somebody like you get to live in a house like that......I told her I worked very hard instead of sitting on my bum all day slagging other people off, I also suggested she try it some time it is far more rewarding than just "Ooops, word censored!"ing behind other peoples backs................... :lol::lol:

Jeff and I designed and built the house we live in at the moment in 3 stages as and when we had the money, I think she is just very jealous, and is now trying to make money out of renovating houses but paying somebody else to do the work for her hopefully the builder will rip her off............... :lol:

I would have said 'rude lady' was trying to be Margo - but Margo actually had a heart of gold deep down, which this pretentious madam does not!!!!

She is also extremely ignorant because everyone knows that 'rats on wings' are urban pigeons.

Plus if hen keeping is good enough for the Duchess of Devonshire..........

Good for you Nicola! Lady Victoria Leatham at Burghley House has chickens too - we're all in good company, aren't we.

Now you're going to have to put house photos in the gallery, Nicola - if it ever comes out of the sick ward again, that is :lol: ! Your house sounds wonderful.

:evil::roll: What a stuck up ...******** I don't think there is really a word for her :shock::wink: . There are many like her though ... and usually their lives are very unfulfilled, boring and lonely, I would much rather be "me". Bet she is also one who never does anything charitable for the school ... but expects everything back .. and her little darlings can do no wrong. :roll::wink: .

Certainly she would never be a "Barbara" ... and we wouldn't want her anyway :P .

Power and happiness to all chooks keeper Barbaras. 8):lol:

I am definately a Barbara and hubs is very much a Tom. Especially when we have a powercut and he uses the lister Diesel Engine to light the house...you know the type you see at shows..........a big green thing that goes "put put put" then produces some power.usually in the form of hot water....an old chap will be sitting next to it, usually accompanied by his nearest and dearest knitting merrily away! ( I can't knit!) :oops: Well we have one of those big green things and it is wired up to provide us with electic lights in a powercut!!!!