Troy

some advise for a limping Wyandotte?

Noticed yesteday afternoon that our beautiful gold partridge wyandotte was limping, although still able to move around and get into the cube.

I thought a nights 'rest' would perhaps make it better but today she is the same. I have had a look and cant find anything nor any heat from the leg but she has obviously hurt it in some way. Has anyone any suggestions that doesnt involve a trip to the vet as she gets soooo stressed!?

I can only imagine that our vet would suggest an anti inflammatory and if she has to go back she will but, Gwen just came back from the dreaded vets 2 days ago with Baytril for a 'peck' that was getting nasty.

She is the only one of our chooks that looks like she is going to die if you so much as pick her up and look at her. She flops into your hands. opens her beak and starts panting rapidly then shuts her eyes and near enough passes out until you put her down!! Taking her back to the vets would be a nightmare!!

Any suggestions pls??

Troy

Thanks Egluntine- again!

I've since spoken to my vet who interestingly enough said that if they have an infection - like Gwens recent peck on the cheek - the infection can spread to the joints and cause a degree of lameness. :shock:

She should come right over the next couple of days if it is this thats causing her discomfort, as she is currently on Baytril anyway. Otherwise I will assume its a sprain as you say, that might take a bit longer to heal.

You live and learn!!

Troy