Electricbarbarella

Have just put aubiose in the run

I have hemcore (but it is almost the same) and I love it (so to the chickens lol) sooooooooooo easy to pick poo from it and the smells are gone. Glad you went for it too and your chickens like it. I threw in some mixed corn this afternoon and they have had great fun scratching about for it :D

You need to do what I do, when they go to bed or are free ranging I rake all the auboise to the door of the run and I get a cat pooper scooper and sift though, it is amazing how much you find, you can't believe how hidden they are. It is real satisfaction when you get a bucket full of poo (kiddies bucket) and then rake back the clean hemcore. My run is so clean now, I am loving it!

I have to say that I have been doing it daily but I don't think that is necessarily needed lol. The weather has been nice and I have been in the garden so thought that it would be nice to keep it fresh. It doesn't really take long at all I have to say. Also I think if I do it when I can if something happens which means I can't do it for a night or two it wouldn't be too bad.

I think I have read on other threads that some people poo pick twice a week.

How are your girls? Any sign of eggs yet?

my PP is crouching so maybe soon *hopes* I am off on me jollys in two weeks to so if she is going to lay soon I would love it to be before we are off. I think the GNRs will be a bit longer though as they do look younger.

It is so exciting though isn't it :D

I thought that to start with but it actually works quite well :D I put it in carefully in handfulls over the hole/slit and then pile it on top. Once it is covered and has a second layer it tends to stay like that - unless of course Charlotte is in a particular vigorous mood that day and then you can watch it being kicked out through the gap :?

I love aubiose and so do my hens. I also line the nest box with a few pages of a newspaper then the aubiose. Next day, I just roll up the newspaper with the aubiose inside and dispose. I also sprinkle the aubiose with chicken grit and oyster shell so that, when they scratch around they will find something interesting!