Jo

What do we have in common apart from chickens?!

Through the forum I have made friends with another Omlet lady in my area and we have discovered we are both serious Archers nerds! Didn't go for Silkies though, like Phoebe Tucker!

Before buying into the Omlet life we were already known by some of our friends as The Good Life people - and getting the chickens only reinforced it.

There's quite a range of ages of us all, but I wonder, are we all a bit similar??

Jo :lol:

Strange, but true - Lesley and I have been e-mailing each other for a couple of weeks now and we have so many things in common that we call it The Twiglet Zone! It's been a bit scary sometimes seeing just how many characteristics we share!

I wonder whether we're all a bit like that - perhaps that's why the forum is SO good at the moment! Kindred spirits and all that!

Fluffy chicken bottoms - AND starfish chicken feet!

Kate and I 'met' on this forum just about ten days ago. We started emailing privately to stop clogging up the forum. In the beginning we emailed about 5 times a day each! but have settled down now especially now there is this area in the forum.

We found we had so much in common it was scary and we now just call it 'the Twiglet zone' - do do do do!

Kate is younger than me so I will let her furnish you with details, her memory should be better than mine!

After today, I have no secrets!

Lesley

:P Thought I would refresh this, as Nicki the other Eglu owner in Macclesfield came to see Ginger and Mrs Snowy today. :D .

It was really nice .... and we chatted about chickens, and gardens, and lots of other things too. She is off on hols next week ... and I am happy to have the task of allotment watch (allotment, is just at the end of my road 8) .

Seems we have lots in common .... wine being the best :wink::oops: , and can help each other out too. This is the 2nd time I have met Nicki ( we met for coffee 1st time around in Sainsbury) and the next time I am going to visit her house and chooks. (and otterhounds/cat/horse/fish :lol: )

What a good idea, Sarah. I enjoyed reading through this topic. Glad you & Nicki met up & have got along so well. Great being able to help out each other too.

Haven't dared contact Jo in Watford (about 10 miles away), I might come home with another chicken (she's looking to re-house a broody).

St.Albans anyone?