Abbsie

Not laying and runny yellow/orange poop

I'd keep her on just pellets and water.....no treats or greens for a day or two.

The only exceptions would be to add a bit of bokashi bran to the pellets and maybe a dollop of probiotic yoghurt, which should firm her poos up nicely.

If she is no better in a couple of days, I'd consider taking her to a vet.

Has she been wormed?

I've had my chickens since June and they are still not laying well. Last week we got three eggs for three days running and since then the egg count has been oone or none!I know the weather has got cold and wet but as new hens this season I feel they should be laying better than they are.

Very disappointing. :cry:

I've had my chickens since June and they are still not laying well. Last week we got three eggs for three days running and since then the egg count has been oone or none!I know the weather has got cold and wet but as new hens this season I feel they should be laying better than they are.

Very disappointing. :cry:

Sorry to hear that. How old are they? My pure breeds didn't come into lay until they were 26 weeks old, and then it was a bit sporadic at first.

Have you tried worming them with Flubenvet? Checked for Lice and Redmite?

What are you feeding them?

They are mature. Bought from Omlet as point of lay as I say in June. All hens bought in the past have comne into lay quite quickly but these are really dragging their feet. we've kept hens for the past thirty years and never had this sort of trouble before. they are heaslthy enough but just seem to have stopped laying.

Don't give up hope, HighSpeedMum :)

My girls arrived 9th Sept 2007 - Maisie & Milly 17 weeks old, Molly 19 weeks old.

Molly, first egg at 21 weeks, 10 tiny eggs then nothing till 31st Jan, 39 weeks old :roll: . Now lays beautifully unless she's broody.

Maisie & Milly, first eggs at 28 weeks. Great layers now.

Limit the treats and let them fill up on pellets. That can help :) .

Edited to say: just re-read your post - you must be the most experienced chicken-keeper on the forum. Don't know why I'm giving you advice :oops::lol: .