is any one else experiencing leaky egg port doors?? :( i put in paper towel for their nest box and had to replace it twice because it was sodden from the rain yesterday. it seems to be getting in through the foam piece that doesn't seem to fit the eglu shell too snugly.

Katie that doesn't sound too good. Have you had your Eglu long?

It might be worth contacting the guys at Omlet, and seeing if they can supply you with a relacement, especially if it's new.

I chose an Eglu over a conventional hen house because I thought being plastic it'd be durable (as well as easy to clean- lazy streak emerging again :oops: ), and would be very disappointed if it started developing leaks etc.

That said mines OK, no probs at all, but I only got it in early April.

Yes, Tim. It probably is an old eglu thing as the new ones are totally different. Us old timers have a draught proof strip running all the way round the eggport and this can leak sometimes. I find mine's a bit leaky if I don't put it back in properly. Sometimes the door stands a little proud of the eglu if I don't push it in right.

yes i will ring them. thanks alot guys.

i fit it fine, pushed in properly, handle turned all the way, but there is a slight gap between the seal and the eglu shell - which in heavy rain lets alot of water in! it must be the really driving rain that just gets straight through the little gap. the handle and metal bit does seem a little wobbely, so that may be the problem about it not being able to fit closley and snugley. ive tried to push the handle bit into the metal bit, but it doesnt shift, so it can't be made un-wobbely!

sorry for my confusing reply, its hard to describe!

The Eggports do tend to be really stiff and a job to get into position. I was at a show with Johannes in July and had an awful job opening one of the Eglus on display. Hopefully things will loosen up as the door is opened and closed more and more so you can push it into position properly but if not, give them a ring and I'm sure they'll have some suggestions.

I got my eglu a week ago and am worried about the eggport door. It closes ok but doesn't seem to fit snugly and is a bit wobbly. I expected it to fit really tightly. Is it faulty do you think?? I emailed Omlet about it but haven't had a reply :cry:

I have recently bought a purple eglu to replace a red one I bought last Sept (only due to the colour!). I noticed the same thing but am not worried - although seeming loose, it is very secure and can't be pulled off and no water gets through,

I think it's OK :D