Jo has posted about our Amber Star getting attacked through the bars of the run yesterday. She seems fine now and we have disinfected her wound.

Looking at the run afterwards we discovered that all but one of the clips holding the door on were broken and lying on the floor. If the last clip had broken the fox could get into the run. I have now put 6 clips on the door but I am going to put some jubilee clips on to be sure. The door is the only weak spot is seems, something we'd never really thought about but now we shall definitely check the clips more often, something we'd never thought about doing before. Something for everyone to watch for maybe?

Do you think they had just broken? Perished in the heat? or did the fox break them? :shock:

I often snap a few now that I have a converter on the run, when trying to drag the Eglu and run around :roll:

I contacted Omlet about spares and they sent me loads, for free, so not too bothered, but definately soemthing to watch out for!

I often check the clips on the door, as these get broken quite a bit when I'm opening and shutting it. I keep meaning to put cable ties on as well to take a bit of the weight off. Do you keep feeders on the door, as I think someone else had this problem with the weight breaking the clips. Omlet will send you some more if you email or phone though.

I don't think that the green clips are strong enough for a door that gets opened several times a day. Reading your message has made me realize I must do something about mine.

Not being very technically minded, I am going to buy a few cheap key rings and anchor the door on with those, so that if the clips did break off the door would be held in place.

Perhaps this is something Omlet should think about? The idea of the green clips is that they come apart easily when you want to move and extend the run etc., but I can't think of any circumstance in which I would ever want to remove the door.

I had noticed that some of my green clips appeared to have perished in the sun, but I have replaced them with new ones. Before they used the clips, Omlet had coated metal springs to hold it together - perhaps they could use these again on the door, where the wear and tear is greatest.

I htink that you shoudl email Omlet about it though, so that they know - that's how they improve their product.