ruth1

Bad News

Well its been a difficult few weeks for Mack my horse, he's been suffering with Cellulitis in one of his hind legs and not really responding well to the treatment. However today it finally looks like it is starting to come right :D

Only to discover after I asked the vet to check out a lump that I had noticed since his visit last week that he has developed a heart murmur, so no riding ever again! :( he is officially retired.

Hes been unofficially retired for about four years now taking it easy apart from the odd slow hack out so I'm sure he wont notice a difference, just as Ive finally got him settled somewhere where we dont have to risk life and limb on the main roads to get to the country side because they keep building houses on it :evil:

My poor old boy, we have been ageing together for the last twelve years and I guess its starting to catch up.

Heres a wee pic of him dozing in the sun.Cant resist showing of my handsome old boy.

p9030071xz9.jpg

So sorry to hear he has more issues :( hopefully he can have a happy retirement and sure you will still get pleasure from him even though its very sad he cannot be ridden.

He really is a very handsome chap and looks so sweet!

I have two horses that can both be ridden but I cannot ride anymore due to back injury.. so DD rides both instead.. if you were closer I'd offer you some riding!