SAB

Cat found - Airdrie

This is a long shot. We have found a cat in Airdrie. If anyone knows of someone who may be the owner, please contact me via forum. I have notified all local rescue centres, and shops, etc and will be taking to vet to see if microchipped. Looks well fed and well cared for so I am sure there is a distressed family out there looking for it.

Due to proximity of Christmas I do not want to post any futher details as anyone coming forward to claim ownership will need to describe cat as proof, so I can safeguard against anyone seeking a free Christmas present. (Not something I would expect from any Omleteers I would hasten to add).

Fantastic news - we have found the cat's owner and they have been reunited. Despite being a youngster, the wee cat (turns out to be a female called Emma) had travelled a fair distance and had been missing for a month. Don't you just love a happy ending - especially in time for Christmas!

I had not even thought about the newspapers - a missed opportunity if ever there was one! Owner was traced through petlog (microchip) after I managed to get cat along to vet and they (eventually) got a readout on the chip. Apparently microchips are not always easy to detect (particularly in cats) but it does show that it is worth getting your pets done as the cost of microchipping is much less than the heartache of a missing animal.