Hi all 8)

We've had the Eglu assembled for 2 weeks now, but I'm still not staisfied that I've assembled the run correctly due to the form it has taken at the apex where the run sections meet. :oops: Anyone else had this problem? Is it possible the run was deformed to begin with, or do I need to take the run apart and apply some pressure here and there? When I look through the run door towards the Eglu, the top of the run looks like a love heart... :? I didn't notice it on any of the other Eglus' on the site. Help anyone? :cry:

Greets,

Derren & Rachel

Hi Derren. Mine bows down a little at the top too, but mainly because I dangle things from it on string, which I think weighs it down too much. I have found that if you move the skirting around, ie. pull the run further out or in, the whole construction does change shape quite a lot. I like this, as we move ours weekly and so we can adjust it to go over bumpy ground. You might want to get some extra green clips though if you move it around a lot, as we snap quite a few! :oops:

Hi all 8)

Yes Tara.F, that's exactly what I mean. And yes, it is annoying. (am I being moany?) No moving the Eglu around in the space we have for it either, I'm afraid. I don't want to risk bending the run sections myself and being too heavy-handed with them in case I break them, but I would atleast like our run to look like those on the Omlet site.., theirs all look straight!

Also the form of the run allows the winter cover to sag in the middle, forming a pool of water when it rains. The girls are none too happy when it empties,,, :cry:

Greets,

Derren

Ours definately doesn't look like that! The rounded-ness of the top is constant, if you see what I mean: no dip in the middle.

Hiya Kannie 8)

Boohoo! :cry:

How come? Did I do something wrong when I assembled it or were the run sections deformed to start with? There wasn't any sign of damage to the boxes so I don't see how... DSC02196.jpg

Greets,

Derren & Rachel

Mine sometimes does that when I have moved the run for cleaning, but not to that extreme Homer. I would suggest lifting the run up at the top above the run door, give it a good shake and put it down again, then pull the side of the run out from the bottom (gedit?).

If you've still got a problem, then email James or Penny and they'll be able to sort it out for you.

you see? at the back of the run, the width is determined by the eglu it is bolted to. At the front of the run, the width is determined by the edge of the semi-circled front piece (that contains the door).

Neither then can be altered by us.

We have tried pushing in and pulling out but the dimensions of the run are static.

When did you get your run H&M?

We got ours on August the fourth this year.

I'm wondering if ours are both part of a dodgy batch with maybe one inch too long mesh or something equally silly :roll:

Because of this we have forgone the winter shade and have bought a piece of 'wriggly plastic' to give the girls shelter from the rain.

Tara xxx

you see? at the back of the run, the width is determined by the eglu it is bolted to. At the front of the run, the width is determined by the edge of the semi-circled front piece (that contains the door).

Neither then can be altered by us.

I see what you mean. I think you should speak to Omlet. It doesn't sound right.

When did you get your run H&M?

We got ours on August the fourth this year.

I'm wondering if ours are both part of a dodgy batch with maybe one inch too long mesh or something equally silly :roll:

Tara xxx

Hi again Tara.F 8)

Our Eglu arrived in England on the 18th of July and we got home on the 20th. So I'm wondering too, if perhaps we got a bad batch? Anybody else had a similar issue with the shape of their run sections? Any ideas from the egg-heads at Omlet I wonder? :wink:

Greets,

Derren & Rachel

• Omlet Staff

Hi guys,

Sorry for missing this topic earlier.

What is causing this problem?

The runs are bent to shape by hand before being coated. We always over bend them slightly as the bend 'relaxes' when they are coated and transported. You haven't got a bad batch (they all have the right dimensions of mesh ). They just need a small tweek to make them perfect :) My diagram below shows roughly how slight it is:

comparing_runs.gif

How to fix this problem

You need to take the panels off the eglu, lie each one on the ground and then flatten them a little. You flatten them by pushing the panel flat for a second and then releasing it. One push normally does it. You can check that it looks okay by picking the panel up and holding its up to the rest of the run and judging by eye. Generally, the over bending is so slight that a small push solves it - so don't go flattening it too much.

run_panel_push.gif

Run converters and extension can have the small slight over bending but the vast majority of all the runs relax to the right shape.

I will keep an eye on this topic, so let me know if you need more information or help,

Thanks,

James

yay! thank goodness!

Dave has been stressing about that and I have been dreading the drive back to oxfordshire to shut him up!

Thanks, Tara xxx

:lol::lol::lol:

2 more happy campers. Thanks again James! Another problem solved, and b. (edited by Sheila :wink: ) quick too I might add. I only mailed him today. 8)

Hey, James? Could ya get in contact with Smeg Holland for me and teach their sorry butts Omlets' brand of customer care...! :wink:

Greets,

Derren