tara

chicken ran of with daughters sandwich

My daughter was eating her cheese sandwich in the living room.At this time l was making mine in the kitchen when l heard (no u two that mine give it back)I ran in there and there was bluebell running of with her cheese sandwich and the other 2 chickens chasing her for it.They were running around the garden afder her.We managed to calm our daughter down but we told her u dont want it back.It was quite funny watching them running around in the garden.My partner was getting them to jump for pasta yesterday we cant believe what they will do for food.

(green eglu)

(Bluebelle) bluebell

(white chicken) ruby

PP marmalaid

These chickens can be both cheeky and greedy.... mine regularly try to steal from our dinner plates, especially when we eat in the garden :roll: Fish is a particular favourite, but believe me they'll try to pinch anything.

You'll have to persuade your daughter to either eat faster, or well away from the hens :wink::D:D Otherwise she could end up like my darling daughter, deliberately throws s"Ooops, word censored!"s of food to the hens off her dinner plate. I say it's encouraging their theiving antics..... she thinks it's cute :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Naughty chickens, ours don't try to steal our food very much. They just run up to the back door when they've been let out to see whether we have food we're going to give them. As we have an open topped food compost heap they regularly chase whoever has the s"Ooops, word censored!" bucket and then jump straight on and nibble bits. It's funnier when we feed them by hand and they look hard-done-by when all of the food's gone.

Ours tend not to steal food when we go outside, but they did manage to rid Caity of her dummy habit within minutes of them being allowed out to freerange for the first time, when they sneaked up on her and mugged her for her dummy! She was horrified, and never asked for one again!

Hi,

Joyce stole my bannana sandwich as I was going to sit on the lawn chair for lunch. Just as I was sitting down she swooped in 'for the kill' and after grabbing a sandwich, just kept going. I could do nothing for laughing :lol::lol::lol: . Then the other two chased her aroung the garden for it.

We no longer eat food on the lawn.

Bye for now

Love Mad hen

Ours tend not to steal food when we go outside, but they did manage to rid Caity of her dummy habit within minutes of them being allowed out to freerange for the first time, when they sneaked up on her and mugged her for her dummy! She was horrified, and never asked for one again!

Am sure I have seen a pic of this :? Made me giggle :lol::lol::lol: