laurmurf

'Glass Clear' tarpaulin on my cube run (pic)

After Redwing's fab suggestion, I ordered a 'glass clear' tarp from Tarpaflex. It arrived in less than 24 hours, is fabulous quality and does a great job of covering my cube run with extensions.

here's a pic:

January2109chickenseggsandcube019.jpg

edited to add: Yes, that is bare earth all around the cube.... grass? I think we used to have some of that.

Edited by Guest

Fantastic - love it - have already had a look at the site and the prices are reasonable too.

I got one too - just before Christmas - after having read about them on here. It's great and looks much better than the mish-mash of plastic covers that I had on before.

The only trouble I had is that the one I got was OK in length to cover the run (2m from the cube), but it is a bit too wide to go up, over and down, so I need to trim it really (it's bent up at either side at the moment)

Great product though - and the chickens can see out too!

J

I love mine, the 3m one is exactly the length of a regular Eglu run plus a converter!

2m is too wide really but I have made a neat crease in mine which works for me :D

I used the same company for budget green tarps to cover my wood store too

I have had one over my big run for 2years now but I bought my clear one from ebay. It has recently gone a bit green and started moss growing on it so we have bought a new one for the conversion of the run to a cat run. They are great and let so much light though. :D:D

laurmaurf how many extensions do you have on your run? It looks fab but wanted to know what size tarpaulin you have. I have a cube with the standard run plus 2 more extensions.

laurmaurf how many extensions do you have on your run? It looks fab but wanted to know what size tarpaulin you have. I have a cube with the standard run plus 2 more extensions.

I'm sure she has 2 extensions

Yes, it's the standard run plus two extensions.

I got the 3m x 2.4m size tarpaulin - the length is absolutely perfect and I've deliberately put the width off centre so it's almost full width down one side and higher up the side near the fence so it offers wind (and snow!) resistance while making sure there's still a really good flow of air.

oh they are out of stock...did I see an alternative on here recently? Or am I hallucinating? :?

I bought my clear tarpaulin from www.allplas.co.uk, came within a day or 2. My sister has had quite a bit of trouble with the courier that tarpaflex use, she still hasn't got her one through yet and she ordered it early last week - same time as me. :roll:

The 2mx2.4m is just about perfect for a cube with 1m extension - as long as it is up against a fence or wall, it goes nearly all the way down 1 side and then a quarter of the way down the other side. Just in case that helps anyone trying to decide what size to buy!