WitchHazel

Cube roof - question for recent purchasers

I bought my orange cube about 15 months ago, and I'm very happy with it. The only thing I find a bit tricky, is sliding the roof back again after sliding it forward.

I've read somewhere on the forum that the newer cubes have bolts with returns on, which means you can hold on to these to help pull the roof back into position.

Does it work?

Ans is there any chance someone could post a piccy please?

If it does work, I think I'll phone Omlet and see if I can order a couple of replacement bolts.... but I wanted to check my facts first.

Thanks for your help

Hi,

I've got the new bolts. I think I would really struggle to close the roof without them. I assumed they were all like this as I think with my roof it would be a two man job without them (suspect something is not quite right with one of the runners. I might get round to investigating next time I do a big clean.)

my delivery man said that if the cube is not sitting right the inside metal runner can be out and may cause this sliding back and forth to be more difficult. It's adjusted inside on the top cover.

I agree without the return bolt bit it would be extremely hard to pull it back, what would you hold on to?

is there anyway you can add something to yours?? I haven't seen your ones, I was just wondering though. :?

Possibly. I'm thinking about adding a loop of some sort, but the tricky thing will be stopping it slipping off. I think I can probably do something with garden wire and knots, if I attach it to the horizontal bar.

DSCF0043.jpg

:wink::wink:

seems silly that there's not a retro fit thing avail for this really. Surely there would be something they could do. :think::think::think:

Usually Omlet are really good about making spares available, so I'm sure that they would make it available if they sensibly could. It's the combination problem of getting the old one out and getting the new one in, I think.