buffie

The Rescue Experience

I agree! Keep up the 'peaceful protests' and we'll make a difference.

I've stopped eating a lot of things provided at work because I can't be sure of their origin (I'm a teacher and we have lunch provided at school) and one of my aims this year is to start questioning the kitchens about battery eggs, fre-range meat etc etc

I'm the same Anna. I will only eat vege's if we eat out, unless I know the origin of the meat....I get groaned at quite a lot, but it makes me feel better.

We are in the process of ordering an organic meat box from Sheepdrove - thanks to Motherhen, so I can still eat meat, but can sleep easier.

Totally agree Diana - and with a bit of digging around you'll soon realise that the meat in the Supermarkets has come from some very poorly treated animals.

I know organic meat is more expensive, but we have cut down on our meat intake so we can afford it.

I've invested in some lovely vegetarian cookbooks over the past 12 months, and we have made some corking dishes :D

I've actually found that our diet is healthier because we are cutting down on the amount of meat we eat - because we buy organic and it costs more. I guess we've all been told for years that we eat too much meat in western countries anyway. We tend to eat more vegetarian meals (and fish, which I love), but also make meat dishes 'go' further too, by adding pulses and so on, which apparently are good on all sorts of levels!

Hooray

I love this site. Its somewhere that I dont feel a freak for caring about what I eat or feed my kids.I have been vegetarian for nearly 20 years now [don't panic I am not about to start preaching or judging]I have 4 kids all brought up vege and they all look allright to me,the oldest has just passed all her gcse's so it doesnt seem to have done her any harm.20 years ago things like free range and orgnic foods were unheard of, weather we would have gone the whole way down the vege road I don't know,and I can't go back now.Believe me ,its very scary what you find out over a long period of time about just what they put in things.I certainly applaud any effort to think about what we eat however small. :D:D