feemcg

Fab lunch!

After a week of chicken keeping we've had 6 eggs - 5 smallish ones and 1 huge! Yesterday I had 2 scrambled which were lovely and today I told wee Anna to come home for lunch and she could have the biggie as I suspected it would be a double yoker. Sure enough I boiled it and cut it open for her to see - and it was a doubler.She had it mashed up with butter and loved it. How cool that she can go back to school now having eaten her own chickens egg!

I think they taste better - a kind of mellow,earthy flavour - hard to describe but you'll see what I mean. I also think they smell different too - crazy I know!
No your not crazy at all. Just think how they have been produced. Fabulous free ranging chooks will give them flavour of earth worm and slug and the delectable smell of of snail and wood lice, Mmmmm YUM :lol:

To say nothing of the occasional frog. :shock:

I think they taste better - a kind of mellow,earthy flavour - hard to describe but you'll see what I mean. I also think they smell different too - crazy I know!
No your not crazy at all. Just think how they have been produced. Fabulous free ranging chooks will give them flavour of earth worm and slug and the delectable smell of of snail and wood lice, Mmmmm YUM :lol:

To say nothing of the occasional frog. :shock:

:shock: not REALLY sure I want my eggs tasking of worm and slug but whatever rocks your boat L-J :shock::wink::lol: