Cazjohn Posted March 8, 2009 Share Posted March 8, 2009 Gosh so difficult isn't it! Still the fact that she's still with us means she has some fight in her! Keep trying Jonny you're doing a great job Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jonny Posted March 8, 2009 Author Share Posted March 8, 2009 Cheers both, I'll feed a little less. Vet also gave me some Critical Care Formula so I'm giving some of that too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sandyhas3chucks Posted March 8, 2009 Share Posted March 8, 2009 oh boy you are going through it too. I have just caught up with this & have been in a similar position for few weeks now, up ,down, turned a corner, went down hill, had a last chance non poltry strong non poultry long lasting anti biotic, a week ago Thursday. then had apt Fri to have her PTS but she had other ideas, she is still not right but is so improved & perky. the Thursday I made the PTS apt I gave her some of the dogs tripe (they will mug my GSD cross for her dinner I thought what the heck if you will eat it go for it. She stuffed it down like she hadn't in weeks. &then when she popped out Fri morningI thought you are going poor girl today enjoy... & she had some more. & hasn't looked back! As I say she is not right her crop does not fully empty & while she will eat tripe, slugs snails & the most enormous worms(she has ben spoilt & been in the veg ptch & I have moved pots stones for her all the time rthe cranky moo will no longer touch a maggot. I do hope your girl recovers. Oh & we had this silly game of me rip up tiny bits of lettuce & float it in pond water( won't toouch clean since been ill & recovering0 and digestive biscuits floating too. It may not be healthy food but in desperation ANYTHING oh and my boiled egg bot shared. She eays better now with the others near but not in direct competition, as she is slower than she was! vet suggest vit B Marmite but she not fussed. & I might add that she is now eating her mash dried and on her own now! I do hope there are some things here that you may not have tried that just might help you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jonny Posted March 9, 2009 Author Share Posted March 9, 2009 Sad news I'm afraid. Went to let Dora out this morning and she passed away in the night She had been weak the last 2 days, she fell over once yesterday and couldn't get back up. I cleared the shed and put the spare Eglu in their with a run and she sparked up a bit, being able to drink from her feeder and took herself to bed, so I decided to leave her there as she looked comfy. I put a blanket over the Eglu and a hot water bottle at the back but when I went this morning she had died. I think I did everything I could, such a shame as she was my favourite. Still, at least she had 15 months extra, she would have been chicken soup and pet food if we hadn't rescued her. Thanks for all the help and advice. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
miffy Posted March 9, 2009 Share Posted March 9, 2009 so sorry to hear your sad news, sounds like she coouldn't have had better care, you did all that was possible. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted March 9, 2009 Share Posted March 9, 2009 Very sorry to hear it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sandyhas3chucks Posted March 9, 2009 Share Posted March 9, 2009 very sorry to hear that, was hoping she would perk up like my girl, at least for a while. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted March 9, 2009 Share Posted March 9, 2009 So sorry you lost her. You tried really hard. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cazjohn Posted March 9, 2009 Share Posted March 9, 2009 Really sorry too Jonny x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AMO Posted March 11, 2009 Share Posted March 11, 2009 Sorry to hear your sad news - have PM'd you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...