buffie

Who'd a thought it!!

Well another light topic from Buffster. :oops::oops::oops:

I have just mastered my first quote and I wanted to say that this forum has helped me master avatars and some technical stuff I didn't think I'd manage. So a big thankyou to all for their help and postings regarding how to do's etc. I will attempt the gallery soon.

Any of you have any 'who'd a thought it' experiences in the eglu club?

Bx :D

Yes - all of this!

I'd never been anywhere near a forum or chat rooms or anything at all really before this forum started.

Kate and I learned together and Kate has also mastered posting all the Stickies to help everyone else - Thanks Kate! :D

It was such a nice, friendly place to learn all these things - some of the other forums are a bit scary and everyone seems to know so much :?

Oh Lesley and Nicola glad I'm not alone.

I'm impressed with posting a pic. That's on my list of would like to do's. I just like the way you aren't ignored if you don't know something. It must be a drag when the same old question turns up again and again.

I'm going to get a bagel now and tidy the house. Also need to remove charlie, still hanging onto eglu as remaining broodiness wears off!!

Bx :lol:

Nicola! - I didn't know you couldn't do quotes!

Click on the Quote button above the posting you want to quote from. This brings up the whole message in between 'quote' at the beginning and end.

You can delete parts of the message you don't need to include but don't remove any of the square brackets or the word 'quote - this is what makes it work!

Then add your reply below it.

Kate set up a Practise topic somewhere for................practising!!!!!

Absolutely Buffie! That's why I'm on the forum so much :oops: I'm learning new skills!

I don't know how Lesley & Kate put up with this Luddite when I was new to it. They might wish to take a holiday when I eventually try to post photos one day! Or I could ask Nicola 8) Just need to understand the camera first. :roll:

Day off school :shock: , hurray for Emily. :D

Who'd a thought it- I've just had an egg laid right under my computer :shock: I realised the chickens had come inside, so abandoned the forum to chase them out, then the phone rang, so I diverted to that, Sat back down at my computer, and theres a definite chicken noise coming from underneath the desk- took a look, and there's a very disgruntled Onion, who reluctantly got up, leaving a lovely brown egg behind. She's back outside now, and I'm just going to pop this egg in a pan of boiling water. Yum :)

But we're developing an eclectic range of nests now, I'd just about got used to the rabbit hutch, but under the computer :shock: .

I must get it through to them that they are not domestic pets :roll::roll::?

:D:lol::lol: those cheeky chooks!! Clever though.

Mine have just tucked into a cob of corn hanging in the run, that'll keep them busy until they vandalise my lovely garden pot, it's beyond repair but may fill it up completely to have more success at a nice floral display, it's worked elsewhere! If they see soil its too tempting to ignore:wink: :wink:

Bx

No other presents thanks Gina...... fortunately :wink: But you know those knitted knickers from the other thread, I think I could use those in chicken sze. Of course they'd need frilly bits around the legs, but wools soft and stretch enough to catch eggs without breakage. Mind, I think they'd need to be garlic impregnated for the other :shock: That way I could politely request that the chickens put their knickers on when they come in the house, rather like I ask the children to take shoes off.

And no, the children don't listen either :roll:

Back to the who'd a thought it theme- I've definitely changed since having chickens I realised last night. Given up the Hellman's, given up the Ben & Jerry's, no problems, studying food labels looking for hidden eggs. Last night though, tough day, promised the children a take-away treat, didn't much fancy cooking :oops: . Off to the Chinese, ordered my usual prawn curry and went to order egg fried rice :oops::oops: . Changed it rapidly to boiled, but that was my very infrequent, extra special treat to me on a lazy or generally ******** kind of a day, but I'd never thought before about those eggs :oops: . I know, making your own is easy & better, kind of defeats the object of a take-away though. So next time I'm in the mood I'll have to bulk cook & freeze egg fried rice for those take-away days :roll:

Sorry Gina, somehow I've only just caught up with your posting. I can't really say I have a recipe for egg fried rice- I'm a bit inclined to the dump it in a pan, stir it around and hope for the best school of cooking really myself. In fact I'm off to have a look at Louise's recipe pretty soon.

What I do is boil rice, then beat an egg or 2, chuck beaten egg mix into a wok with butter & sesame oil. Just as it starts to set whizz it around a bit to break it up, & add rice immediately, toss it all about a bit, throw in a few peas if there's any around, and that's kind of it, but as I say it's fine, but not really a recipe (and, sadly not as nice as the chinese take-away do :roll: ).

Who'd a thought...

Harrie my gingernut snores!! :shock::lol: CUTE!!

I tucked them in later last night as they had gone to sleep, well roost. Usually they are just settling in and are gently clucking or harrie has a last shout of the day. It was silent except for snoring and then as I spoke quietly to them Charlie said goodnight...clup,clup.

Bx :wink:

:D Ahh,bless..what a lovely image. :) I haven't heard snoring, but I just love it when they reply, like Charlie.

They really are sociable aren't they? I'm sure Chuckles says thankyou when I give them food, and she always gently replies when I say goodnight. 8)

Hi SarahJo, you've been quiet lately and Sheila you havn't been on much, have you? Hope it's for good reasons like holidays. The changing avatars :? me!! Like it though!! :)

Anyway, yes snoring cute but rain not cute, although great for garden. Don't like seeing the girls get so wet but they insist on getting drenched although a sensible chicken would sit under cover. My winter cover is doing the trick.

Wonder why they run from the hose but happily stay out in the rain?

Bx :wink: