Mrs Frugal

London Blasts

In case anyone is worried I am back. I got a flight out of Heathrow at 6am so I missed the trouble. My pal I was staying with is okay too she works in central London near Russel square she is in a meeting so may not even know about it yet.

I am staying firmly in Scotland

Best wishes to anyone else with friends/family in the area

I've got Sky News on and watching the ticker tape running across the bottom of the screen with messages asking family and friends to phone home to say they're OK is so awful to watch. My Dad used to commute in the days of the IRA terror campaigns and I remember phoning the emergency number and his office after a blast at his station and it's just so awful waiting for news.

Gina here.

I've been ringing round my friends too. Never had to do it before and it is pretty awful. Everyone ok. All those people that have died, it's horrible. Does anyone know who is responsible yet? I know they think it has links Al Queda....

I'm at work, and we all know at least one person in London today (but I do work close to Greenwich, so that's not suprising). Fortunately most of us have had reassuring news, but I'm fretting big time about hubby. He works in forensics, unlikely to have been in any of the actual blasts, but will get caught up in all the forensic examinations etc, so I'm sure that the reason I haven't heard is that he's just too busy being right in the thick of it, but I just wish he'd text, or something.

Oh well, I'll keep biting my nails and crossing my fingers till I hear.

Edited by Guest

My moneys on the G8 summit, 1/2 the Met Police are up at Gleneagles for that, too good an opportunity to miss. And of course London's been pretty euphoric recently, what with Live8 and the Olympics, time to knock us back down again. If they wanted to foil the Olympic bid they'd have done it yesterday.

Just mentioned this on another post. Mikey was in London but he's called to say he's ok. Hope all is ok with you all. It puts everything into perspective.

Terrible news, work will be difficult this afternoon. had a friend text from Aus, just as I thought of her, She was in NY on Sept 11th, she was in a panic about us, as it has brought back terrible memories.

Be safe everyone and give those partners and children a big hug tonight!!

Bx

We've just been informed that Greenwich, Woolwich and surrounding area have been put on alert. I'm thinking of trying to get home now, not due to finish til 3, but I don't want to get stuck here because of children, Jeff won't be home on time, no way, and they're bound to be worried. And it's not as if anyone here's doing any constructive work, morning surgery's over & paperwork can wait.

So off to persuade my manager, will log on again when I get home.

Hubby still not been in touch :x . Logically I keep trying to reassure myself that he'll be OK, but I do wish he'd ring. Selfish of me I know, those people he's with probably need him far more than I do.

I've just scrolled back and worked it out Kate! - I'm sure it will be as you say, that OH is just too busy. I can't even imagine what it must feel like to be involved or waiting to hear from someone you think may be involved.

Don't forget, our thoughts are with you and all those who are involved - get home safely and keep in touch. :)

Just horrific but likely to happen sometime. We're very London based family and Nephew will have been called in to Russell Square I'm sure. He would have been off duty but an ambulance driver & works nearby. Like you say, Kate A, too busy to make contact.

Charlot lives further out but will be scuppered by transport closure and at 18 very scared I should think. Her phone is down. However hard we try to carry on as normal and not let terrorists change our lives, its really hard when its on your doorstep. But we will. I was in Tube passage when IRA targeted Knightsbridge. Really scarey, but we have to stay focused on our lives, not on those who want to destroy them.

Actually, haven't done anything yet today...was trying to put it to back of mind & get some work done but kept getting texts re family, then put on news & can't think about anything else. Its a sad day & sickening.

Best wishes to others feeling affected. Off to cuddle chickens.

Just wanted to say that my thoughts are with all of you who have friends or family caught up in it and those who are being heroic and helping out - you're all incredibly brave.

Take care and I hope good, reasurring news reaches you all shortly.

Kate

I have managed to track down everybody I know who might be affected except for one person :( . The authorities have stitched the mobile networks off in the centre of London to allow them to be used for emergency purposes so I can't ring to find out if they are OK.

We also have we member of staff from College who is still missing - she was going to a conference at City University so we hope she's ok.

Contacts on other websites have suggested that the death toll will possibly be over 40.

My sympathies and big hugs to anybody else still trying to contact friends and relatives. My thoughts are with you.

The networks have been switched off in case they use them to set off further blasts and I'm sure you can be caught without the ability to be in touch with others. Thinking of you Kate A, hope all is well and any others affected.

Bx