Mrs Frugal

London Blasts

The last thing I want to do is get all political, but George Bush has got a lot to answer for :evil:

He keeps repeating, 'The War on Terror goes on'.......when he's probably the one who instigated the trouble from the middle east in the first place over money, power and greed.

the answer is simple - live and let live.

That's good news Kate A - what a relief.

Not only were Daughter and SIL supposed to be working in London today but had already changed to tomorrow but Carl was supposed to be on a course just near to the Bus incident in Russell Square but he had changed his course dates - I know I'm very lucky today.

Edited by Guest

Hi

Both me and new hubby were on the Aldgate train this morning but were one of the lucky ones and our carriage was mostly unaffected. Very, very scary. The emergency services were excellent though. Maybe I should amend our will to include provisions for hen care. Makes you think about things very differently.

Sue I'm so glad to hear you're ok.

A close friend of mine is a policewoman working out of Scotland Yard. She has txt to say she's okay but working on the investigation. She says she saw some horrific sights.

All the best wishes and love to any of you who may have suffered in one way or another because of todays terrible disaster. xx

An awful day for London.

I was in the office this morning at Elephant and Castle near Waterloo station. Could hear loads of sirens and think i even heard the bus blast as I’m only a few miles, if that, from the area.

Once it was confirmed that it was terrorist and not a power surge' i decided to walk home. Took me just under two hours of to reach Fulham from my office (about 5 miles) and then i got a lift back to Twickenham from my brother-in-law.

I’ve a friend that works right next to Liverpool street so I was franticly trying to contact her, thankful she was safe.

The amount of police and ambulance vehicles was simply amazing, police boats outside the houses of parliament and helicopters overhead.

London won’t ever quite be the same again. Sympathies to anyone involved.

:( Felt a wee bit compelled to come and add my thoughts on today.

I felt awful yesterday /day before when Stirling was CLOSED due to G8 protestors ... I have many friends here, and the M8 motoray was shut due to trees being dragged across the carraigeways!. No one was in or out of a beautiful town, :x .

I also worry for my brother John, with the protestors in Edinburgh ..... what happened to the peaceful demonstration. :?: .

Simon ... in Gleneagles .... are you and the dogs safe. :?:

Mark in ... LONDON, ....... take heart as with others ..... not all wounds ever heal, but we can only try to make them feel better.

3 brothers all at the sharp end .. somewhere in the uk, and all giving their all.

To all who have suffered today ... involved or indirectly through loved ones .. my thoughts are with you. To all those who will have to remain and sift through the results (for whatever reason .. forensic/Drs/Nurses/mortuaries/police and fire services etc) be strong. For those like Kate .... it will be a long road ... and he wants to be home, my best wishes and prayers to you and family.

Sarah - what a worrying time for you. Hope all your brothers are safe and well.

I've had a very strange day and feel a complete wreck (and all my family are safe :roll: )

As well as a near miss with London when Carl should have been on a course right next to the bus incident and daughter and SIL changing their plans to go to London, my son is in Romania where they have severe flooding - turns out he's safe and in a different area.

My sister is under Hurricane threat again in Grand Cayman - she was made homeless last Sept and only went back in January. They had their windows replaced just two weeks ago. She has phoned and although they are all packed up to evacuate to Miami they think the Hurricane will just miss them. All their windows were being boarded up as we spoke at 9pm BST

I came down to my daughters house to try and get in touch with son/brother and sister/aunt and we're shattered.

How those whose families are involved or the families of those who won't return tonight or ever must feel...........

:( Hope all is well Lesley ...... the big wheel keeps on turning, though I for one would like to stop it every now and again for reassurance. :? .

Take care everyone .....

All these posts are a piece of history and I wish everyone well tonight.

I'm tired, last client is caught in aftermath of train disruption, and you all must be.These events and the people , no matter their connection, feel very close to home right now.

keep safe and this forum has truely proved its worth today. A real support for all.

Jayne x