miffy Posted May 3, 2009 Share Posted May 3, 2009 I AM AN IDIOT,...........fact!! this afternoon I prepared a potroast and put it in the bottom oven. so far so good? well no actually....for some unknown reason I used a roasting pan and covered it in foil...THIS DOESNT WORK...I know this because I've done it before. when it should have been done I cooked yorkshires, roast potatos and vegetarian nut roast intending to serve dinner at 6pm. Took the potroast out at quarter to six to discover rock hard veg and almost raw meat just checked it again still not done and no wine to drown my sorrows in Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Reikiranf Posted May 3, 2009 Share Posted May 3, 2009 It's not a total disaster, it just means that dinner becomes supper! This won't console you but it's nice to know I'm not the only person who does that type of thing The worst thing I did was cooking round a friends house and putting the wrong oven on so we had steak and vegetables for starters and the potatoes as the main course an hour later Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dancing cloud Posted May 3, 2009 Share Posted May 3, 2009 The only part that's a total disaster is not having any wine! The rest is just something good that will come to those who wait Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
miffy Posted May 3, 2009 Author Share Posted May 3, 2009 just off to check again ....... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Looney Posted May 3, 2009 Share Posted May 3, 2009 Oh dear! But I'm glad I'm not the only one to do things like this. My usual idiot action is to accidentally put the grill function on rather than the oven function (we have a combined oven / grill). Burnt on the top, uncooked underneath - mmmmm delicious! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
miffy Posted May 3, 2009 Author Share Posted May 3, 2009 meat done veg not done I feel like putting it all in the bin and giving everyone just cheese and biscuits Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Looney Posted May 3, 2009 Share Posted May 3, 2009 Erm, open a tin of beans to have with the meat! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted May 3, 2009 Share Posted May 3, 2009 Send for a chinese and have to pot roast for supper tomorrow. I once put the oven on, and left the casserole out on the side. That went down well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jules. Posted May 3, 2009 Share Posted May 3, 2009 that's the kind of thing I do Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
miffy Posted May 3, 2009 Author Share Posted May 3, 2009 YUK...the worst meal ever!!!!! pot roast potatos almost cooked, carrots not cooked, onion still crunchy. Roast pts..;ike school dinner ones, gone soggy from sitting around too long...thank goodness the meringues were ok as we all left quite a bit of food just hope I remember which pan to use next time Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
miffy Posted May 3, 2009 Author Share Posted May 3, 2009 thanks for your encouagement.........I should have ordered Chinese as you suggested Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...