Anna 1

Fit and Fowl Birds!

Did anyone see that Victoria Wood documentary the other night - I think it might have been on before - but I really enjoyed it. She's a biggish girl (no cheese string pants for her) and she really knew what the problem was - it is all down to your attitude to food - i.e. its no good knowing the calorific value of a curly wurly if you have to eat 7 of them to get you through a bad morning. I thought she was brilliant :D

There's another part next week - sorry, cant remember the date or time (Thursday 10pm rings a bell) as we tend to record anything thats on REALLY late (well 10pm IS late when you get up at stupid o'clock!)

She goes to America - which should be interesting - wonder if she'll come across the "delights" of krispy kremes.............. :twisted:

I don't know about green eglu bum I think mine is more blue this morning after biking yesterday but I suspect it will hit green around about wednesday :lol:

For the rellies Lesley call it meat 'surprise' then tell them the surprise is theres no meat in it :shock::lol:

Yup, honey is definitely part of the treatment. NZ manuka honey is probably the best - and I'm not just saying that because I'm a kiwi! The manuka is closely related to tea-tree (there we go again with tea-tree oil!) and has amazing healing properties. There is a hospital somewhere that has used it in severe septacaemic wounds because it has has strong antiseptic healing properties. I've seen it in my local Waitrose in the 'health' section near the Gilliam McKeith products, but I'm sure any good health food shop would have it.

i think you can get the manuka honey from lakelands, thats if you have one near by! :D

Yup, honey is definitely part of the treatment. NZ manuka honey is probably the best - and I'm not just saying that because I'm a kiwi! The manuka is closely related to tea-tree (there we go again with tea-tree oil!) and has amazing healing properties. There is a hospital somewhere that has used it in severe septacaemic wounds because it has has strong antiseptic healing properties. I've seen it in my local Waitrose in the 'health' section near the Gilliam McKeith products, but I'm sure any good health food shop would have it.

i think you can get the manuka honey from lakelands, thats if you have one near by! :D

ooh - Lakelands one of my favourite places to shop for all sorts of things I didnt realise I needed until I got there!! They do have a fab website so even if there isnt one near you, the expierence is never far away :D

For the rellies Lesley call it meat 'surprise' then tell them the surprise is theres no meat in it :shock::lol:

Why did I have to be looking at this when one of them walked in? :roll: Hope their eyesight isn't too good :lol:

I might try that idea when it comes to the 'eat from the garden' night! - basically we have potato salad, egg salad, home-made mayo, salad leaves and tomatoes, french beans and peas, grated carrot and anything else we can find in the garden - try finding the meat in that! 8)