Anna 1

Fit and Fowl Birds!

Yup, honey is definitely part of the treatment. NZ manuka honey is probably the best - and I'm not just saying that because I'm a kiwi! The manuka is closely related to tea-tree (there we go again with tea-tree oil!) and has amazing healing properties. There is a hospital somewhere that has used it in severe septacaemic wounds because it has has strong antiseptic healing properties. I've seen it in my local Waitrose in the 'health' section near the Gilliam McKeith products, but I'm sure any good health food shop would have it.

Liking yourself is the best place to start.

Buffie, you are SO right.

I found trying to eat a balanced diet wasn't enough for me, and I was still being terribly hard on myself, not liking myself at all.

Since I joined the gym, not only do I feel great, I like myself more than I did before and have more of a positive attitude to every aspect of my life now. I feel energised, enthusistic and happy. Any weight loss is seen as a bonus.

Yes Gina

Breaking tired routines and filling your day are great ways of beating those cravings and old habits. The gym for some, Pilates, walking.

I stopped soking (ha ha that's meant to be smoking, love checking back on old posts) doing the same thing this feb. Lots of positive self talk!

I was a gym goer for many years and suddenly realised I'g got bored of it all, so I now bounce on my mini trampoline, walk and do a pilates class once a week, works for me!

Could clever old Kate or Lesley move this to a new topic do you think because others may like to help motivate and support each other. Give hints or just have their say.

Perhaps the topic of 'Fit and Fowl Birds'

'

Hey presto?????:wink:

Bx

Edited by Guest

Liking yourself is the best place to start.

Takes a long time to get to that part but when you do, weight issues don't matter anymore. I've struggled with my weight for years because I'm not very mobile thanks to a dodgy hip and knees. I realised approaching 40 that I couldn't do much to change things so what does it matter if I'm not a supermodel, glamorous and have white hairs sticking through the brown now. I accepted me as I am - all the bad bits don't matter anymore.

I'm taking up swimming every morning from September when both of the boys will start school much earlier so I can loosen up my grotty joints and hopefully trim up a bit. If it works, fantastic, if not, the exercise can only do me good anyway!

Oh god I've just remembered I'm going mountain biking on Sunday with the super fit squad from work I agreed in a moment of madness watch out for the John Wayne impression on Monday :oops: Bit extreme for first real exercise of the summer but what the hey its good for me :lol:

watch out for the John Wayne impression:

Ha ha - I've been bowed legged many times myself after the 'spinning' class at the gym! The worst bit is having to go down the stairs on your bum as legs just won't work properly the day after, and as for someone making you laugh....tummy muscles just don't want to know.

At least you'll get to look at some nice scenery into the bargain Louise, rather than four bare walls of the gym. It does have its plus points - a bit of eye candy in the instuctor with a lovely pair of legs :shock: (phwoar :wink: )

Oh I want to be a super Buff! Very impessed Kate-Site Admin and general superhero!! Or Heroine?

Yes I'll be 40 in Jan and I'm lucky that I haven't got a weight issue but the mind can play tricks on any one from any walk of life of any weight. The head is the place to start. Well. that's what I learnt and now pass onto other's.

If anyone watches Little Britain please don't get the idea I'm a Marjorie Dawes.

Choclit and dast!!

BX :lol::lol:

Thanks then super Lesley!!

If you sit in your big knickers they get quite flat I find. If you wear cheese slices you don't need to iron at all!!! :?

By the way thongs (oh I hate that word, just see Peter Stringy fella :oops: ) are very obvious so we're kidding ourselves that they leave no VPL. Also lets start a Big Knicker revolution and be proud of our pants!!

Bums look better covered don't they, unless you are a supermodel or maybe a super administrator??!!! :shock::roll::wink:

Bx

Had a thought.

Is the big knicker phenomenon to do with us all sitting at the PC posting on the eglu forums???? Eglu Bum!! Chickens should carry a health warning that they can cause a large bottom due to much new baking and nosing at everyones posts!:lol::lol:

What does the advert say 'love yer bum'!

Bx