WitchHazel

Dinner Chicken plucking - dip in hot water first?

Good idea Hazel - the cone was invaluable when we despatched the turkeys. Carl has smaller hands than me! - and lthough we first started with the hand dislocation method, neither of us are able to do it with bigger chickens or turkeys.

Well, DH was OK about the idea until he heard how much it was going to cost. I said I was going to order it anyway, so there was no point in arguing about it and I explained that, apart from anything else, it would be better for killing the geese than trying to do those by broomstick.

He came back later and is fine about it now.

Well, DH was OK about the idea until he heard how much it was going to cost. I said I was going to order it anyway, so there was no point in arguing about it and I explained that, apart from anything else, it would be better for killing the geese than trying to do those by broomstick.

He came back later and is fine about it now.

:D Glad he came round it it

Good luck with all your dispatching

I wouldn't have wanted to do anything bigger than my dorking cockerels with a broomstick - it's very easy to do and to know when you've got it right, after the first one, which I totally botched :cry: , but you really need some welly on thick necks and my last lot were a good six months old with some muscle on them. Geese would be impossible!